Port Aransas Hurricane Harvey Damage Report
Hurricane Harvey left a path of devastation across the island city of Port Aransas. The storm caused irreparable damages leaving many Port Aransas residents stranded. The victims in this Gulf Coastal region will have to continually work to resurrect their homes in order to regain a sense of what their lives used to be. The last thing the residents of Port Aransas need is to deal with the arduous task of communicating with their insurance companies while they try to rebuild their homes.
The Port Aransas hurricane insurance claims lawyers at Carabin & Shaw will give those affected by the tropical storm their unending support by handling the grueling process of making a claim with their insurance companies. With our support, we can promise that you will be treated fairly and will not be duped by the suspicious tactics of the insurance company.Port Aransas Hurricane Harvey Damage Report
Hurricane Harvey is one of the largest and most destructive Hurricanes to hit the Gulf Coast of Texas since 1961. The storm brought in winds over 130 miles per hour and about 40 inches of rain, making it one for the record books. Harvey has destroyed over 200,000 homes, leaving over 1 million people stranded, all the while accumulating $180 billion in damages. The death toll, now at 70, continues to rise as people search the homes of those who either chose to stay or had no choice.
Port Aransas was one of the cities most affected by the storm. The Port Aransas Hurricane Harvey damage report indicates that nearly all the town's businesses have suffered severe damages. The exact amount of damages is still unclear.
Hurricanes are notorious for causing an extreme amount of damages to homes, businesses, and cars. Some of these damages may include:
- Broken windows and roofing caused by flying debris and falling trees,
- Major flooding caused by an incessant downpour of rain,
- Mold and Foundational damages caused by flooding,
- And the complete destruction of houses and cars due to the combination of 140 mile-per-hour winds and flooding.
Unfortunately, the residents of Port Aransas have experienced damages like the ones listed above. If you live in this coastal city and suffered from damages like this, it is important that you contact an attorney who can explain to you the rights that you have according to the law in the events of a natural disaster.Your Rights as an Insurance Claimant
Texas law is structured to protect you from unfair settlements and insurance claims. Contact an attorney if you experience any of the following.
- Negligence from your insurance company or agent. Insurance companies are a for-profit business, and sometimes use unethical tactics in order to pay you the minimum amount of money possible for your claim.
- Your insurer rejects your claim. An insurer may reject your claim, if this happens it is important to contact a lawyer immediately.
- An insurance agent underestimates your claim. Agents may be under pressure to assess your damages much lower than the reality of the situation.
- Your insurance company fails to pay your claim in a timely manner. During natural disasters, insurers often intentionally delay claim payments in order to keep their budgets in the black.
An adjuster may seem to have your best interest at heart, but they will often do whatever is in their power to give you the least amount of compensation possible. The latest Port Aransas Hurricane Harvey damage reports have insurers nervous for good reason, and they may try to confuse you with poorly worded text in their policies that give you a sense of insecurity until you submit. If your insurance company treats you in any way like this, contact an attorney as soon as possible to protect yourself from this unjust treatment.Contact Carabin & Shaw’s Attorneys
Our attorneys have over 25 years of experience working with insurance companies and disaster claims, and we will make sure that you are not treated unjustly, and that you receive the settlement you deserve in a timely manner. Our attorneys are available day and night for a free consultation. Give us a call at 361.717.4411 or toll-free at 1.800.863.2360 and let Carabin & Shaw handle your Port Aransas Hurricane Claims.