Pursuing a Personal Injury Lawsuit in San Antonio
You or a loved one have been severely injured in an accident in central Texas. You may be suffering from painful injuries, the long-term consequences of which may affect quality of life. Perhaps you have gone into a significant amount of debt following your accident due to medical bills or loss of wages. You may have felt the untold emotional or psychological suffering following a severe injury-- development of depression, anxiety, or post-traumatic stress disorder. What options are there for those who are suffering these losses in the aftermath of an accidental injury? Many accident victims choose to seek justice for these losses through the legal system. With the help of an experienced accident attorney, pursuing a personal injury lawsuit in San Antonio can result in fair financial compensation for accident victims and their families.What You Need to Know When Filing a San Antonio Personal Injury Lawsuit
Accident victims should know the basics of Texas’ laws surrounding personal injury lawsuits in order to make the right choices in the aftermath of their accident. While this list may prove informative for those exploring their legal options after suffering a severe accident, it is important to seek trustworthy legal advice before taking action.
If you are interesting in filing a personal injury lawsuit in the state of Texas, it is important to know:
Schedule a Consultation With a Carabin Shaw Personal Injury Lawyer Today
1. Hiring a qualified accident attorney serving San Antonio Tx is the single greatest factor affecting the outcome of your settlement. A qualified attorney is there to ensure your rights are protected throughout the settlement process. They will ensure liability for your injuries is established and that your claim includes the full extent of your damages.
2. According to Texas law, accident victims can seek compensation for economic and noneconomic damages. Economic damages can include medical bills, physical therapy, or lost wages. Non-economic damages are less quantifiable but just as, if not more, important than your injuries and financial losses. An experienced San Antonio personal injury lawyer will ensure you receive compensation for both economic and non-economic damages resulting from an accident.
3. In order to see any compensation for your injuries, liability for your accident must be established. Any parties whose negligence was partly or wholly responsible for the accident that caused your injuries can be held financially liable.
4. If you are partly responsible for your injury, you may still be eligible to receive compensation by filing a “shared-fault” lawsuit. Damages in a “shared-fault” lawsuit are calculated by dividing the total cost between the parties according to the percentage of their fault.
5. The statute of limitation for personal injury lawsuits in the state of Texas is two years from the date of injury. If you have not filed before that deadline, you forfeit your right to sue the liable parties for financial compensation. In order to ensure your accident claim is filed quickly and accurately, contact a qualified injury attorney as soon as possible.
Would you be interested in learning about the full extent of your legal options after a severe accident? Over the past three decades, the team of personal injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw have ensured thousands of accident victims and their families have received the justice they deserve. With our lawyers’ wealth of legal knowledge and negotiation experience, you can receive a financial settlement to cover the full cost of your losses.
The personal injury lawyers at Carabin Shaw would be honored to represent your accident claim. If you would like to schedule your no-cost, no-obligation initial consultation with an experienced San Antonio personal injury lawyer, call 1-800-862-1260. There will be English and Spanish-speaking customer service representatives available to help you schedule your case review 24/7.