Recent 18 Wheeler Accidents in San Antonio
If you have been injured in a semitruck accident in San Antonio, you are likely wondering about your options for financial recovery. A personal injury claim can help you recoup the costs of damage to your vehicle and any medical expenses related to the accident. However, without legal help, the process of filing a claim and obtaining a settlement can be difficult and time-consuming. The counsel of an experienced attorney will greatly increase your chances of winning a settlement.
The Texas personal injury law firm at Carabin Shaw has helped many clients like you receive proper compensation after a serious accident. Contact our office today at 1-800-862-1260 to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation and case review. English- and Spanish-speaking staff are available 24/7 to take your calls.How Common Are Semitruck Accidents?
San Antonio can be a dangerous place to drive. Most residents are familiar with the near-daily sight of wrecks on the side of the road, and it’s not unusual to have your regular commute time doubled because of an accident further up the highway. In fact, I-35 is ranked as one of the most dangerous highways in the U.S., seeing over 400 fatal crashes between 2015 and 2019.
There have been several recent 18 wheeler accidents in San Antonio, including:
- A trucker rescued by the jaws of life after a wreck on U.S. 281
- The driver of a passenger vehicle killed after becoming lodged under an 18 wheeler in South Bexar County
- A pile-up near the Guadalupe River on i-35, resulting in a partial highway shutdown
After being involved in an accident like the ones listed above, you might find yourself suddenly burdened with several unexpected costs.
These can include:
- Mechanic bills
- Hospital bills
- Medications, physical therapy, and other ongoing healthcare needs
- Lost wages due to missed work
- Reduced ability to earn wages due to physical impairment
- Increased insurance premiums
Your best option for recovering these costs is finding a San Antonio big rig accident lawyer to assist you with a personal injury claim. However, before proceeding with that claim, you will first have to ensure that legal action would be viable.Does My Accident Constitute a Settlement?
Your claim has the potential for success if there is sufficient reason to believe that the truck driver was acting negligently.
Some signs of negligence are:
- Speeding, failure to signal lane changes, or other traffic violations
- Operating under the influence
- Operating without an up-to-date commercial vehicle licence
- Texting and driving
- Failure to properly inspect and maintain the vehicle
- Failure to properly secure cargo
- Failure to take and log federally mandated breaks, which can lead to impaired driving ability.
Your attorney will go through the details of your accident with you to help determine whether any of the above, or any other negligent acts, played a role in your accident.How Much Can I Win in a Commercial Vehicle Crash Settlement?
The size of your settlement will depend on the severity of your accident and the ensuing costs. However, pursuing a claim with a lawyer will not only cover monetary expenses; personal injury settlements usually account for noneconomic damages as well.
These damages seek to financially compensate for the non-monetary consequences of an accident. These can include pain and suffering, anxiety, and loss of enjoyment in life. An experienced attorney will be essential in ensuring that the noneconomic costs of your accident are accounted for.Can I Afford a Lawyer? Free Case Review at Carabin Shaw
Many people see legal help as expensive and inaccessible. However, Carabin Shaw’s legal team works on a contingency agreement, meaning that they will not accept fees unless your claim is successful. Contingency agreements allow regular clients a low-risk way to seek the counsel that they need.