Resources for Lyft, Uber & Rideshare Car Accident Victims
When you’re involved in a car accident in Dallas, Texas, you may have some idea of what to do. However, if you’re involved in a Dallas Uber accident, you might be less sure of how the legal process works and what steps you should take to get compensation. A rideshare accident lawyer in Texas can help if you or a loved one was injured in a rideshare accident. Of all resources for Lyft, Uber, and rideshare car accident victims, an experienced Dallas Lyft accident attorney will be your best bet at getting the compensation you’re rightfully owed.What Qualifies as a Rideshare Accident?
An accident involving a rideshare can take a few different forms. Below are the different scenarios in which you could be the victim of a rideshare accident in Dallas, Texas:
- You’re a passenger in an Uber or Lyft - If you’re injured as a passenger in an Uber or Lyft accident, the negligent party will be liable for your damages. If your Uber or Lyft driver caused the accident, you can file a claim with their insurance company. If another driver caused the accident, you’ll have to file for damages with their insurers.
- You’re the driver of a vehicle hit by an Uber or Lyft - When an Uber or Lyft hits you and it’s that driver’s fault, you can file a claim with their insurers. In these cases though, the at-fault driver may try to argue that you were partly responsible.
Because Texas is a modified comparative fault state—meaning more than one driver can be at fault, and a driver’s compensation will be reduced based on their percentage at fault—you may miss out on compensation you deserve if you are found partly responsible. To win all the damages you are owed, it’s best to work with a rideshare accident lawyer in Texas.
- You’re a pedestrian struck by a rideshare vehicle - If you’re crossing the street and are hit by an Uber or Lyft driver, you can earn compensation. You will file your claim against the driver. If you can’t agree on a settlement that you think is fair, talk to a lawyer about your options.
After an accident, you will have to talk to insurers. They can be a valuable resource for information on your case, but it’s also important to know what to say to avoid incriminating yourself in the accident, which can hurt your claim. Below are who you can talk to after an accident and our advice on what you should say:
- Your insurers - After a rideshare accident, you will have to inform your insurers of what happened. Let them know the facts of the case, but don’t admit fault. They will be able to answer questions for you.
- The other party’s insurers - When talking to the other party’s insurers, you should remain cautious. Their job is to settle with you for less than you deserve, and, as the saying goes, anything you say can and will be used against you. If possible, avoid talking to them until you have legal representation.
- Your own attorney - Your best resource after a rideshare accident is your Dallas Lyft accident attorney. They’ll be able to answer any questions you have about your case, and they’ll also be able to talk to insurers on your behalf.
After an accident with an Uber or Lyft, it’s important to consult someone with experience. The legality of rideshare wrecks can be complicated, which is why working with a law firm that understands the ins and outs of rideshare accident cases is vital to the success of your case. When you get into a Dallas Uber accident, you deserve compensation. Work with someone who can fight for you.
For a free consultation, contact us today at 1-800-862-1260.