Round Rock Burn Injury
Burn injuries are one of the most life-impacting injuries one can suffer, and they happen all too frequently. On average, someone in the United States dies in a fire every 2 hours, and someone suffers a burn injury every 23 minutes. In Round Rock Texas, burn injuries can happen almost anywhere, any time.
If you or a loved one has suffered a recent burn injury, our experienced Round Rock personal injury lawyers can fight to get you justice. Our Texas burn injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw have nearly thirty years of experience advocating for burn victims to get them the compensation they deserve after suffering due to another’s negligence.Where Burn Injuries can Occur
The truth is, burn injuries can happen almost anywhere in Round Rock Texas. Whether you’re at work, at home, or on the road, you’re at risk of being involved in an accident that leads to burn injuries.
The following scenarios are some of the many ways that you can suffer burn injuries:
- Workplace accidents
- Truck accidents
- Car accidents
- Gasoline spills
- Recreational fires at home and in public spaces (hotels, bars, restaurants, etc.)
- Malfunctioning product
- Electrical fires
- Scalding water and hot pipes
If any of these situations have left you with burn injuries, contact our Round Rock burn injury attorneys today to review your options for pursuing compensation.Degrees of Burns
Round Rock burn victims can suffer mild to severe burns depending on the circumstances of their accident. Medically, the severity of a burn is categorized by different degrees, listed below with their common features explained:
- First degree - First degree burns only impact the outer layer of skin, the epidermis, so they are considered the mildest type of burn. They can be painful and red, but they do not pose any long-term threats. Usually, they heal within three to five days and do not require any medical treatment aside from some simple at-home care.
- Second degree - Second degree burns are more severe because they penetrate the epidermis and injure the second layer of skin, the dermis. These burns are more painful and take longer to heal, sometimes a few weeks. In rare circumstances, serious second degree burns will require medical attention if there’s a risk of infection.
- Third degree - One of the most severe types of burns are third degree burns, which destroy the first two layers of skin and impact the underlying tissue, muscles, and tendons. These burns almost always require medical treatment, and often necessitate skin grafting to prevent infection and allow the wound to heal properly.
- Investigate - The first step of any case is investigation. An experienced attorney will know what evidence you need and how to secure it to build your case.
- Determine liability - To earn compensation, you have to file a lawsuit against the responsible party. Working with Round Rock personal injury lawyers can ensure you determine liability and hold the negligent party responsible.
- Negotiate - After suffering a burn injury, you’ll have to talk to insurers. Our law firm can negotiate with insurers on your behalf and advocate for you to get proper compensation.
- Statute of limitations - When you suffer a burn injury, you have to file within two years from the date of your injury to be eligible for compensation in Texas. If you don’t, you may be unable to recover damages.
If you or a loved one is a Round Rock burn victim, we can be there for you. Our Texas burn injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw always fight to get justice for every client that walks through our doors. We always vow to work harder than any other law firm for the victims we advocate for, which is why we’ve been named a top 10 law firm in client satisfaction.Free Case Review
Call today at 1-800-862-1260 or fill out our contact form for a free consultation with a legal representative at our law firm.