San Antonio 18 Wheeler Accident Attorney
Trucking accidents in San Antonio are far too common, accounting for 2,717 crashes in 2019 alone. These accidents can cause significant damage to another driver’s vehicle, severe injuries to other drivers and passengers, and result in a wrongful death in the worst cases.
If you or a loved one has recently been involved in an accident of any kind with a big truck, contact an attorney as soon as possible to discuss your options. A few examples of local crashes are below.Recent 18 wheeler crashes in the Alamo City
- The driver of an 18 wheeler began to merge into the lane of another driver from the right shoulder, causing the car to rear end the truck. Both vehicles caught fire, and one was left deceased.
- In an early morning on I 10, two individuals were extracted from an SUV who were pinned against a barrier after colliding with a semi-truck.
- On I 35 after a semi-truck’s hydraulics engaged without the driver’s knowledge, the vehicle took down a road sign and utility pole. This resulted in damage to over a dozen other vehicles.
- Along the 410 Loop near Somerset Road, the driver of a big rig lost control of his vehicle, rolling over and spilling gravel across the highway. A motorcyclist was unable to stop in time and crashed into another vehicle as a result. The biker was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.
If you believe your accident was the fault of the 18 wheeler driver or the hauling company, a trusted San Antonio 18 wheeler accident attorney, such as those at Carabin Shaw, can help.Trucking Accident Causes
Drivers of 18 wheelers have an obligation to be especially careful and thoughtful when driving because they are operating such large, powerful vehicles. Tragically, though, sometimes these drivers make mistakes or careless errors that lead to a crash or accident.
Common causes of 18 Wheeler accidents that are the fault of the big rig driver
- Driving late into the night and early into the morning
- This causes slower reaction times and dozing off because the driver is tired. Drivers are pushed to deliver goods as quickly as possible and often push themselves to drive when they shouldn’t.
- Intoxicated or impaired driving
- Distracted driving
- Speeding or changing lanes too quickly
- Improperly loaded cargo
- Equipment malfunction
- This may be the fault of the hauling companies not maintaining their vehicles or the manufacturer of a vehicle part.
The San Antonio trucking injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw have extensive experience representing clients whose accidents were the result of these causes and more. In a recent case, for example, we were able to settle a trucking collision case for $1.9 million where the victims suffered serious back and neck injuries.Big Trucks and San Antonio Highways
Because San Antonio is located in Central Texas and is also the second largest city in the state, the roads and highways here are often congested with traffic and are a popular route for many 18 wheelers carrying goods. Some of the most dangerous highways for big rig accidents are listed below.Dangerous Areas of San Antonio for 18 Wheeler Accidents
- Loop 1604
- Loop 410
- Interstate 10
- Interstate 35
- Interstate 37
Call 800-862-1260 anytime 24/7 to schedule your free case review. This initial consultation allows you to ask any questions you have up front without any financial obligation. Our lawyers also operate under a contingency-fee agreement. This agreement means that we are not paid unless we win.
Our mission is to fight the big insurance companies, defense attorneys, and corporations you may be coming up against in your case. Carabin Shaw’s San Antonio trucking injury attorneys are here to ensure that victims and their families receive the justice and compensation they deserve.