San Antonio Car Wreck Statistics
If you’re like most residents of San Antonio, you love driving your car. It’s convenient and still the fastest way to get from point A to point B. As the seventh largest city in the country – and still growing – there is an increasing number of drivers on San Antonio’s streets. More drivers means more cars on the roads, and more cars means a greater risk of being involved in an auto accident. As attorneys, we encourage everyone to practice driver safety awareness.
At Carabin & Shaw, our attorneys want you to be informed about the serious nature of auto accidents that take place on our city streets. We don’t say this to alarm you, but to arm you with the information you need to drive with awareness and be proactive in maintaining safety. This includes making sure everyone is aware of some eye-opening San Antonio car wreck statistics.
Did you know the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) reports that in each year since 2015 close to 300,000 people were injured in auto accidents? TxDOT has further determined that:
- one person dies in an auto accident every two and half hours,
- one person is injured in an auto accident every two minutes, and
- one auto accident occurs every sixty seconds.
These are just a few of the San Antonio car wreck statistics facing every driver. Given the frequency of auto accidents and the number of people injured, you might begin to understand how this can affect you. However, you don’t have to be nervous or fearful every time you get into your car. We know you want to get behind the wheel of your vehicle with the confidence that you will reach your destination safely.
At Carabin & Shaw, we believe every driver should be informed of the hazards they might face when operating a motor vehicle. Our attorneys deal daily with people who are caught in an auto accident. Our commitment is to provide information that will educate San Antonio drivers arrive at their destinations safely, but we also know the odds of someone getting hurt in a car wreck.
Our lawyers have years of experience and skill that have given them the opportunity to help thousands recover compensation for injuries received from an auto accident. Our team stays up-to-date on the latest trends and statistics affecting San Antonio drivers. This allows us to serve our clients who have been injured with the most up to date information available. This also gives our attorneys the opportunity to put our skill and commitment into practice by working hard to protect your rights.
San Antonio car wreck statistics aside, the key to being an alert and safe driver isn’t a mystery. All it takes is a commitment to a few things.
- First, stay focused when you’re driving. Minimize or eliminate any distractions that take your mind and attention away from the road.
- Practice defensive driving at all times. As stated by the National Safety Council, this means “driving to save lives, time, and money, in spite of the conditions around you and the actions of others.”
- Never assume an accident won’t happen to you. It’s easy to get into driving routines if you take for granted that you won’t be caught in an auto accident. As you drive with greater intentionality and caution, you will be better prepared for any circumstance.
- Always stay aware of your surroundings on the road. You will drive confidently and safely when you know what’s out there.
If you do ever find yourself in an San Antonio auto accident, give us a call. Our team of experienced and skilled San Antonio car wreck injury attorneys are ready to meet with you. Your first visit with us is free and we don’t collect anything until we win your case.
Call our San Antonio office anytime 210.222.2288 or toll-free at 1.800.862.1260.