San Antonio Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit: What To Expect
San Antonio is one of the fastest growing cities in Texas. With a bustling and renovated downtown and thriving tourist industry, thousands of visitors and new residents move there each year. The smaller regions around San Antonio continue to grow as well. Eventually, this growth leads to an increase in traffic. And the more traffic there is on the road, the greater chance of an accident.
While even sedans and mid-sized automobiles provide some outer protection in the event of an accident, a motorcycle affords essentially no additional protection for its driver. Motorcyclists involved in a collision may even be flung off of their bike, endangering other drivers and pedestrians as well.Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Accidents can happen to anyone on the road. Especially in the case of a growing city like San Antonio, motorcyclists and increasing traffic levels increase the risk of collision. If you have experienced an accident while riding a motorcycle and it was due to someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation.
A few of the most common causes of accidents related to another person’s neglect or carelessness include:
- Drunk/drugged driving
- Distracted driving
- Negligent driving/failure to obey traffic regulations
- Reckless driving
- Mechanical failure
- Failure to take inclement weather into account
In the aftermath of a San Antonio motorcycle accident, drivers and pedestrians who have endured any form of loss deserve a chance for full compensation for their damages. Damage in a motorcycle accident can come in many forms. Some of the most common of these may include:
- Broken bones
- Spinal injury/paralysis
- Loss of limb
- Loss of motor function
- Head trauma
Let’s say you have been involved in a San Antonio, TX motorcycle crash. Chances are, you have questions. You feel as if it was someone else’s fault, and you might even want to determine whether you have a lawsuit on your hands. Generally, in the event of a San Antonio motorcycle accident lawsuit, you can expect to deal with the following repercussions in the time after the collision:
- Rehabilitation from injury
- Time away from work
- Medical bills/Mounting expenses
A San Antonio injury lawyer can help you prove that these and other forms of damage were preventable, and due to another party’s negligence. If you are dealing with any form of San Antonio motorcycle accident lawsuit, here is what you can expect to gain from legal representation:
- Knowledge of precedent
- Texas attorneys from Carabin Shaw have more than twenty years of experience serving clients in countless personal injury settlements. We are even willing to offer all potential clients a duty-free initial consultation, to discuss your case and help answer all your questions, rooted in 22 years of expertise.
- Determination of culpability
- Especially if this is your first time dealing with a settlement, a Texas lawyer can help you assemble the facts of your case and from this, determine what happened and who was at fault.
- Assembly of evidence
- Part of the preservation of your case is to remain proactive about your own situation. This means saving any and all hospital bills, medical receipts, medication receipts, and other documentation of your damages. Always take pictures at the scene, or as soon as you can, of the physical damage to your automobile. Hopefully you have obtained the other drivers’ information from the incident. All of this will help to make the settlement process easier later on.
At Carabin Shaw, we understand that the aftermath of a motorcycle accident can put you and your family through a difficult time of debt, doubt, and financial insecurity. No one should have to cope with the aftermath of a motorcycle accident alone. Presence of a Bexar County bike accident lawyer may prove to be your most important asset moving forward.
If you live in San Antonio, and your quality of life has been affected by another person or party’s negligence in a motorcycle crash, you deserve answers. Contact our San Antonio injury lawyers at our main San Antonio Texas attorney offices at 210-222-2288, or anytime toll free at 800-862-1260. The knowledgeable Texas attorneys from Carabin Shaw want to hear from you.