San Antonio Road Construction Accident - Texas Work Zone Accident Statistics
There are thousands of construction zones across San Antonio and its surrounding areas. At each construction zone, large commercial vehicles are used regularly to transport goods or haul heavy loads. Without proper precautions, these construction sites and commercial vehicles pose a threat to innocent citizens.
Many construction zone accidents are caused by employees operating commercial vehicles. These drivers and their employers have a legal responsibility to clearly mark off construction zones and abide by all municipal work codes and traffic laws. Failure to do so can cause serious injuries to San Antonio workers, families, and visitors.How Frequent Are Texas Construction Zone Accidents?
How common are San Antonio road construction accidents? In such a thriving, developing city, it is natural to see a corresponding growth in the number of active construction zones throughout San Antonio. But how worried should San Antonio drivers be about these potential hazards?
The following data compiled by Texas’ Department of Transportation sheds some light on how commonplace these collisions are.
In an analysis of 2021 accident reports, TXDOT concluded:
- There are an average of 3,100 work zones throughout the state of Texas.
- In 2021, there were approximately 26,000 collisions in construction zones.
- At least 244 people were killed and another 856 were severely injured.
- The rate of fatal work zone accidents in 2021 represented a 33% increase from 2020.
- The majority of fatalities in Texas work zone accidents were drivers and passengers (195 total).
- However, pedestrians (38), bicyclists (4), and construction workers (3) also suffered fatal injuries in these collisions.
As these Texas work zone accident statistics suggest, work accidents are a continued threat to those traveling on San Antonio’s roads and highways. With the help of an experienced San Antonio injury attorney, you can ensure negligent construction companies and employees are held accountable.You’ve Been Injured in a San Antonio Road Construction Accident– Now What?
For those injured in a San Antonio work zone auto collision by a negligent construction worker, the catastrophic losses can be overwhelming. While no amount of compensation can fully recover the pain and suffering felt by you and your family, it is still important that you receive financial justice for your losses.
There are many important reasons to hire a quality San Antonio Tx car accident injury attorney.
For example, a personal injury lawyer will:
- Establish the construction company and their driver’s degree of negligence in causing your accident.
- Determine whether any state or local laws were broken by the company or driver.
- Establish the full extent of the injuries caused by the collision.
- Establishing the damages that can be claimed by the surviving family of a work zone vehicle accident victim.
- Determine whether to file a personal injury or premises liability lawsuit.
- Negotiate your settlement to ensure your right to fair compensation is protected throughout settlement negotiations.
The personal injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw believe in holding irresponsible construction companies and their employees responsible for their negligence. We are dedicated to ensuring San Antonio accident victims like you see full compensation for their losses following a work zone car accident.
Three decades ago, Carabin Shaw was founded to represent the best interests of accident victims in our community. Ever since, our continued dedication and commitment has resulted in accident victims and their families receiving millions of dollars in damages. Carabin Shaw’s client reviews prove that we are the best option to represent your San Antonio construction accident claim. To schedule your no-cost, no-obligation case review with a Carabin Shaw injury lawyer, call our 24/7 English and Spanish-speaking staff toll-free at 800-862-1260.