San Antonio Slip and Fall Injury - Top Texas Premises Liability Lawyers
If you have suffered a San Antonio slip and fall injury, you might be considering legal action. A falling accident can have severe consequences for your health, including bone fractures, paralysis, and chronic pain. A settlement can compensate you for both your medical bills and your pain and suffering.
If you have never filed a personal injury claim before, the process might seem lengthy and difficult. That is why quality legal aid is essential. The trusted Texas personal injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw can help you through every step of the process, treating your claim with the attention it deserves.
For more information on our services, call our San Antonio office at 800-862-1260 to set up a free initial consultation and case review. Our staff is standing by 24/7 to take your calls.Am I Owed Damages for My Slip and Fall Accident?
If the owner of the property on which you fell was negligent in their maintenance of that property, they are vulnerable to a premises liability claim. Some ways that negligence can be the root cause of slip and fall injuries include:
- Unmarked wet floors
- Loose or damaged floorboards
- Overfilled shelves, which can fall onto customers
- Poorly-maintained driveways and sidewalks
- Clutter in aisles
- Inadequate lighting
- Staircases with broken or missing handrails
If you believe that your accident could have been avoided had the owner of the property upheld a reasonable standard of care, you might have a viable personal injury claim. Speak with a San Antonio premises liability lawyer to discuss the possibility of pursuing one.What Kind of Settlement Can I Receive?
If you receive a settlement, it will consist of a combination of different categories of damages.
- Economic damages will cover the cost of medical bills, physical therapy, medications, and any other financial impacts of your accident.
- Noneconomic damages will compensate you for physical pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment in life, and any other ways that your injuries affect your life outside of your wallet.
- Punitive damages are sometimes required of a defendant who was responsible for injury through malice or particularly egregious negligence. If the owner of a property was made aware of a potential slipping hazard several times and refused to fix it, or if they intentionally injured you, then a San Antonio Texas premises liability attorney may advise you to claim punitive damages.
Say that you injured yourself by running down an aisle of a grocery store and slipping on a wet patch without a wet floor sign. You are partially responsible for your accident due to your own unsafe behavior, but it was also the responsibility of the store to warn customers about that wet floor. You might be worried that your own responsibility has already lost you your claim. However, with the help of an experienced personal injury lawyer, you could still receive damages.
However, Texas premises liability law considers comparative fault in personal injury claims. In other words, more than one party can be responsible for injuries due to negligence, and the injured party can still receive damages if they do not share the majority of the fault. For example, if you bore 30% of the responsibility for your fall, you would receive 70% of the damages that you are owed.Free Case Review at Carabin Shaw
Comparative fault can further complicate an injury claim. An experienced attorney can help you determine whether or not it might play a role in your case.
Carabin Shaw’s client reviews show that our team ensures that their clients are comfortable and informed throughout the legal process. Do you have any further questions about the legal process, or are you ready to start discussing the specifics of your case? Call 800-862-1260 and schedule a free consultation.