San Antonio Truck Accidents FAQ
San Antonio roads are occupied day and night with 18-wheelers transporting their cargo to and from their destination. Making sure that 18-wheelers have been maintained and that the cargo has been properly loaded are important steps that are often overlooked and can lead to injuries or fatalities on the road. 18-wheelers are prone to the same risks and accidents as any other vehicle, however the weight and size of commercial vehicles often leads to much more serious injuries than others. Some frequently asked questions are listed below should you or a loved one fall victim to an accident involving an 18-wheeler.San Antonio Truck Accidents FAQs
- What do I do after being hit by an 18-wheeler? First and foremost, it is paramount that you or anyone else involved in the accident seeks medical attention for your injuries. If the San Antonio police department are not already on their way, be sure to call them to the scene immediately. If you are able, take photographs of damaged vehicles and notes of the incident. After these steps have been taken, it is important to contact a San Antonio truck driver accident lawyer, to help assist you with you claim. Accidents can be overwhelming and stressful, so contacting an experienced attorney is in your best interest when addressing your claim.
- What should I look for when hiring a truck accident attorney? Because of the complicated nature of truck wrecks, looking for an attorney boasting years of experience and a good track record is crucial. Do your research on how many San Antonio truck accident cases your potential attorney has taken and how often he or she has been successful. Truck accidents can be traumatic and sometimes fatal, so hiring an experienced attorney is your best bet in receiving the compensation and care you deserve.
- How soon after my accident should I contact my San Antonio attorney? You should contact an experienced attorney as soon as possible after your accident. The lawyers for the trucking company will be working hard to protect their company's best interest, so making sure you have your best interests protected is extremely important. The sooner you are in contact with an attorney, the sooner you will be professionally advised when it comes to interactions with insurance companies whose ultimate goal is to award you and your loved ones the least compensation possible.
- How do I know if the settlement being offered to me from the insurance company is enough? Working with the insurance company representing the truck you were in an accident with is one of the main reasons you should have your own truck accident attorney available. Your San Antonio attorney has your best interest in mind, and will seek to make sure you are compensated enough to cover important assets such as current and future medical bills, damage to your vehicle, lost wages, etc. Refrain from accepting any settlement offered to you by the insurance company without consulting your attorney first.
- What are some common causes of trucking accidents? A lot of things can factor into being the cause for an 18-wheeler trucking accident, however, some of the most common causes for trucking accidents include improper maintenance to the vehicle, drug or alcohol abuse, or inexperience and lack of training prior to operating the vehicle. These causes, along with many others, can cause extreme or fatal accidents, putting innocent drivers on the road in danger.
The San Antonio truck accidents FAQ listed above should be able to assist you in finding a place to start after you or a loved one has been involved in a trucking accident. The San Antonio truck accidents FAQ can also serve as a guide as you begin to research which attorney works best for you. Carabin Shaw boasts a team of seasoned professionals with a track record of success in winning truck accident cases. Contact your Carabin Shaw San Antonio 18-wheeler accident lawyer for a consultation at 210-222-2288 or toll-free at 1.800.682.1260.