San Antonio Truck and 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyers
After an accident with an 18-wheeler in San Antonio, you may be wondering what to do. Understanding the legal process and knowing how best to navigate it can be difficult for anyone, which is why having an experienced attorney on your side can make everything easier. If you or a loved one has been involved in a wreck with an 18-wheeler, San Antonio accident lawyers are here for you. At Carabin Shaw, we understand the unique complications of an 18-wheeler wreck, and our experience has taught us how to handle every aspect of any case involving a crash with a big rig. Our San Antonio trucking injury lawyers know what it takes to get you and your family through this difficult time.What Causes 18 Wheeler Accidents?
To be a truck driver, one must undergo specialized training and adhere to strict safety regulations set out by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). Although these safety measures are in place, they are sometimes disregarded by both drivers and their employing companies in favor of increasing profit. This negligent behavior is at the root of many accidents. Below are some of the most common causes of 18 wheeler accidents in San Antonio:
- Inexperience - Becoming a truck driver requires a certain amount of training and a clean driving record. Without proper training, a truck driver behind the wheel is a hazard to everyone on the road. To learn more, speak with San Antonio truck and 18-wheeler accident lawyers.
- Speeding - Truckers get paid by the mile, which means the faster they travel, the more money they make. This type of payment can incentivize truckers to speed, and a speeding truck is a dangerous one. An experienced attorney will know what to do if you were hit by a speeding big rig.
- Fatigue - The lifestyle of a trucker can be demanding, and their long consecutive days alone behind the wheel can take a toll on the body, causing fatigue. Studies have shown that fatigued drivers are as dangerous as drunk drivers. If you were hit by a fatigued driver and are searching, “18 wheeler accident attorney near me,” consult Carabin Shaw.
After a truck accident, San Antonio trucking injury lawyers will explain to you that there are three phases to the legal process:
- Investigation - After an accident, it’s vital to contact an attorney immediately who can help you document and preserve the necessary evidence for your case. A lawyer will also advise you not to make any recorded statement to the trucking company’s insurers.
- Negotiation - Insurance companies will treat you differently if you don’t have legal representation, so it’s important to have a lawyer on your side. They know how to deal with insurance companies and know how to get the settlement you deserve.
- Lawsuit - If a proper settlement can’t be reached through negotiation, the case will be set to go to trial. More often than not, trucking companies will re-evaluate their initial offer and attempt to settle rather than go before a jury. Nevertheless, you want to make sure your San Antonio truck and 18-wheeler accident lawyers have the experience needed to beat a big trucking company in court.
A crash with an 18-wheeler can be devastating. Having someone with legal experience on your family’s side can lessen the burden and make sure you get the compensation you need. At Carabin Shaw, we fight every day for victims and their families who have been hit by negligent big rig drivers. Our San Antonio accident lawyers are professionals who hold themselves to the highest standards. If you’ve been Googling “18 wheeler accident attorney near me,” you’ve come to the right place. Call us today, and let our San Antonio trucking injury lawyers assess your case and work with you to get the justice you deserve.