San Antonio Why You Need a Lawyer After a Car Accident
You have rights if you have been injured through the negligence of another driver. So you don’t end up paying for someone else’s careless driving it is important to protect those rights after a car accident. You may need to sue in some cases after an accident. Here are a few reasons why you should hire a lawyer after a car accident.
- The rules to comply with in making your claim can be complicated. It’s important to have a lawyer who is experienced in handling car accident injuries in the San Antonio area because they will be familiar with the laws and can help you make sure you don’t do anything that jeopardizes your right to compensation from the party responsible for your injury.
- Most insurance companies’ goal is to protect their insureds and compensate for their damages, but, they also aim to keep costs down and reduce their overhead. Your goal of compensation and the insurance companies’ goal may not perfectly align, and hiring a lawyer can be the best way to insure someone is looking out for your interests after an accident.
- If you don’t hire a lawyer, you may not be aware of all of your potential legal rights to recovery. Potential damages available to people who are injured in a car accident vary. You may be able to recover for lost wages, pain and suffering and emotional distress on top of medical bills.
- Proving negligence can be difficult even with witnesses and a police report saying the other party is at fault. There are many elements that go into a personal injury case. A lawyer who understands the law and process is essential.
- A San Antonio lawyer area lawyer can help explain all the nuances of the law within the surrounding jurisdictions, so you will fully understand all of your legal rights.
- Most cases settle out of court after a car accident. This means the insurance company or a defendant will likely make you an offer. We can help you fully understand the implications of accepting such an offer. We can also help you to decide whether settling is the best option in your case. If it is not, then we can help you understand the next phase of the process.
- If you don’t hire an attorney, you could be faced with financial loss. You only get one chance to be properly compensated. Call Carabin Shaw at 210.222.2288 for your free initial consultation.