Serious Car Wreck Attorneys in San Antonio
Because of the growth of the city and its prominent positioning along the I-35 Corridor, more people share the roads of San Antonio than ever before. This means an increase in traffic jams and ultimately, an elevated chance of accidents and mishaps on San Antonio roadways.
No matter how safe your own driving habits are, it is impossible to account for someone else’s negligence until it is too late. Some of the most common causes of serious car wrecks that our attorneys in San Antonio handle include:
- Texting and driving
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence (drug/alcohol abuse)
- Disregard to traffic rules
- Lack of training/commercial trucking certification
- Fatigued driving
- Mechanical/automobile failure
The first and most important thing you need to do immediately following an accident is to seek medical attention for anyone injured After this, you should do your very best to gather eyewitness reports and exchange necessary information with other drivers (drivers license, insurance information, etc.). After the scene of the accident, there are a few steps you can take to help preserve your claim:
- Document damages
- As soon as the accident happens, the process of preserving your claim begins. Take pictures and keep records of the damage not just to your car, but to other cars involved. This will help prevent other parties from either embellishing their own claim to damages later on, or attempting to invalidate yours.
- Save your receipts
- Keep up to date records on all expenses related to your recovery through the course of your rehab and period of healing. This also includes all medical attention you receive. Save receipts and record all your costs for surgery, medication, physical rehabilitation, and all other care costs.
- Contact a San Antonio auto accident lawyer
- After you have done your part, legal guidance is the next step to regaining your quality of life. A motor vehicle accident attorney with experience in the legal proceedings following a serious car wreck can determine how much you may be owed, and from whom.
- NEVER give a statement or speak to any third party until you talk to an attorney first. It is important to never discuss your case until you have talked to a lawyer, in part because other parties (and their insurers) may attempt to save themselves money at your expense.
This can be a confusing and hectic time, especially if you are dealing with physical injuries and at the same time out of work and unable to cover these expenses. The obvious aftermath is, in many cases, physical; readjusting to an altered quality of life, restoring your ability to function after sustaining injuries, etc.
Some of the most serious auto accident injuries include:
- Blood loss
- Brain damage
- Loss of limb
Of course, the effects of a serious collision can be long lasting, and extend much further than physical harm. A San Antonio auto accident lawyer can help you secure compensation in a number of areas, including:
- Loss of wages
- Loss of future wages
- Job loss
- Pain & suffering/Emotional suffering
As more residents move in to Central Texas, traffic levels increase. If you or someone you care about has been injured in an auto accident in San Antonio, or anywhere else in Texas, there is a lawyer from Carabin Shaw ready to take on your case.
The effect of severe auto accidents on all parties involved can last a lifetime, but with the right people behind you, regaining your quality of life is possible. In these cases, a serious car wreck attorney in San Antonio is your best option to obtain maximum reparations.The Best San Antonio Car Accident Lawyers
The team of San Antonio car accident lawyers from our firm are the best in the region, and we have obtained compensation for thousands of clients across Texas. For more information about enlisting the services of a Carabin Shaw attorney, contact us at our local San Antonio offices, at 210-222-2288, or anytime at our toll free number 800-862-1260.