Should I Hire an Attorney if I Have Workers' Compensation Insurance?
On-the-job injuries take place on a daily basis and can result in serious consequences to anyone involved. A major work injury can not only yield extreme pain and suffering for the victim, but can also result in loss of compensation to victims who are no longer able to perform their regular work duties. If you have suffered from a work injury in Boerne, you may be overwhelmed and in need of assistance. An experienced Boerne work injury lawyer can provide you with the advice and direction you need to file and pursue your claim.
Understanding the difference between when it is appropriate to utilize workers compensation insurance and when a lawsuit is applicable can be pertinent to the outcome of your work injury case in Boerne. Not every individual who is injured on the job needs to hire a work injury lawyer. Some individuals, on the other hand, should look outside simply settling for their workers compensation insurance coverage and should seek the help of a lawyer to explore his or her options. Knowing which option works for you is purely circumstantial and getting an experienced attorney’s opinion on your situation can prove extremely beneficial in the outcome of your case.Workers Compensation
When considering “should I hire an attorney if I have workers compensation insurance” for your Boerne work injury, consider the overview of what workers compensation encompasses. Workers compensation is designed to get rid of the need for any type of litigation and protects not only the employee injured, but their employer as well.
In order for workers compensation coverage to be valid, all that needs to be proven is that an injury did indeed take place on the job site. Often times, injured employees can receive compensation for their medical bills and even receive a partial equivalent to wages that they are no longer able to obtain due to their injury.So, Should I Hire an Attorney if I Have Workers Compensation Insurance?
Although the purpose of both workers compensation insurance and personal injury claims are to receive compensation for injuries sustained in a Boerne accident, workers compensation insurance may not always provide you with the amount you are entitled to or make it tough to receive said compensation. You should consider hiring an attorney to assist you with your Boerne personal injury lawsuit if:
- There is a dispute with the insurance company: Insurance companies have their own team of expert attorneys and will fight tooth and nail if they feel you should not receive compensation for your injury. If there is any dispute with the insurance company, you should consider hiring an expert personal injury attorney to fight for you and use their expertise to provide a strong foundation for your case.
- Your claim is denied: If for any reason, your works compensation claim is denied, hiring an attorney can be extremely beneficial to ensure you claim is put back into action as soon as possible. An attorney is also your best bet in appealing the denial of your claim - a process that requires extensive knowledge of Texas laws and necessary paperwork.
- Your injury involved any of the following:
- A toxic substance
- A defective product
- Negligence of a third party
- If your employer is required to carry workers compensation, but doesn’t
- You are refused proper treatment: Unfortunately, workers compensation insurance will often times deny medical treatment you may need such as surgeries due to the cost. If you are being denied the medical treatment you need for your injury, an experienced attorney will ensure you receive that treatment you need in order to heal and restore your life to its previous normalcy.
If there is lingering doubt and you are continuing to wonder, “should I hire an attorney if I have workers compensation insurance,” an experienced attorney at Carabin & Shaw can provide you with a free, no obligation consultation. Our team will answer any remaining questions you have about your injury and potential case.
If you have experienced minor injury from a Boerne Work Injury Accident, you may not need to hire an attorney. However, if you have suffered a major injury that has resulted in a loss of work compensation and pain and suffering, you should contact an experienced personal injury lawyer with Carabin & Shaw to assist you as soon as possible.
Our expert legal team will provide you with a free consultation to help decide whether workers compensation or personal injury lawsuit works best for your circumstance. Don’t waste any time - let us fight to ensure that you receive the proper compensation you deserve. Contact Carabin & Shaw today at 800-862-1260.