Slip and Fall Claims in Austin, Texas - FAQs
Having your life impacted from a slip, trip, or fall can be devastating. Because of this fact, slip and fall claims in Austin, TX are important to take seriously. An accident can impact not only your ability to make a living, but also your ability to experience your life at its fullest. Pursuing a claim can help offset the hardships and mental stress caused by a slip and fall injury.
Understanding when and how to pursue a claim for a slip and fall in Austin, TX can be complicated. Speaking with slip and fall attorneys in Austin as soon as you can will give you the best chance to receive the compensation you deserve for the disruption to your life caused by a slip and fall accident.How Common are Injuries from Slip and Falls?
Injuries suffered during slip and fall accidents are surprisingly common. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, 18% or nonfatal work injuries in 2020 that led to missed work resulted from a slip or fall. These kinds of injuries are also common outside of the workplace and can disrupt your life and income. If you encounter an injury from a slip and fall, it is important to explore your claim with an attorney.Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
The causes of slip and fall accidents in Austin are much the same as they are anywhere else:
- poor work safety training
- wet or uneven flooring and sidewalks
- faulty staircases
- rain or snow in front of a building or walkway
- stray electrical wiring.
Since slip and fall accidents caused by snow are a new phenomenon in Texas, speak to Austin TX Personal injury lawyers as soon as you can if this type of accident happens to you.After a Slip and Fall (Next Steps)
If you experience a slip and fall, the first thing you should do is seek medical attention. While you wait for help there are some steps you can take to build a potential claim.
- Documentation is key when making a slip and fall claim. You should photograph the area where the accident occurred, what you were wearing, and any physical injuries you sustained. If you can, try to see if the premises or a nearby building has a security camera.
- Making sure you have the information for anyone present or involved is very important as well. You should take down the details of witnesses and any statement they may want to make. Contact the person who owns the premises or their representative, such as an employee or property manager. In some instances, you will need to fill out an incident report.
- Make sure you contact a lawyer as soon as you can after the accident occurs. The Texas lawyers at Carabin Shaw are experts in slip and fall cases and can tell you what other information you will need to help your claim.
Landowners are responsible for Slip and fall accidents in personal injury cases. To prove responsibility, you must prove that the accident resulted from the landowner neglecting their property. “Landowner” is a surprisingly flexible legal term. In addition to the legal property owners, a landowner can be a party planner, business owner, contractor, property manager, or anyone else who assumes responsibility for a property from its owner.Getting the Help You Deserve
Working with a seasoned attorney is key when making a slip and fall claim. From Carabin Shaw’s client reviews, you can see the passion and expertise our attorneys bring to each case. To begin your process today, call our toll-free number at 800-862-1260. Our staff is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and can speak with you in both English AND Spanish.
Begin your process of receiving the restitution you deserve by making a free case review with Carabin Shaw today.
1609 Shoal Creek Blvd #100
Austin, TX 78701