Spring Branch Personal Injury FAQs
A personal injury case can include any circumstances in which you have suffered some form of loss or damage due to someone else’s carelessness or negligence. At Carabin & Shaw, our Spring Branch personal injury attorneys are ready and willing to help victims navigate all claims related to an instance of personal injury in Spring Branch and the surrounding area.Types of Personal Injuries
Some of the most common of types of personal injury include, but are not limited to:
- Medical / surgical malpractice
- Personal injury statistics across the US suggest that medical malpractice is in fact the third largest cause of deaths yearly. It includes any form of negligence on behalf of a doctor or medical professional. Common examples include misdiagnosis, late diagnosis, and failure to fully educate a patient before assigning treatment.
- Workplace injuries / accidents
- Workplace injuries, or ‘occupational injuries’, include any physical damage suffered on the job. Often times, employers can be held accountable, especially if they are responsible for lack of safety precautions or dangerous work conditions.
- Car accidents / automobile collisions
- Perhaps the most frequently occurring circumstances of personal injury cases are the loss and damages related to automobile accidents. Automobile damage, physical harms like whiplash and head / spinal trauma, loss of job / financial security during rehabilitation, and even death are just a few of the common repercussions.
- Product failure / liability
- This includes unsafe or defective kitchen/household appliances. For example, in an auto accident, another driver or road hazard may not be the optimal target for compensation. Sometimes, the responsibility instead rests on the shoulder of the automobile manufacturers or safety regulators, who have neglected or otherwise failed to release the safest product for consumers.
- Dog / animal bites
- Legally, a dog’s owner assumes this responsibility when he or she becomes the dog’s official proprietor. If you have been injured or bitten by an animal owned by a third party, that party can be held responsible for medical bills, rehabilitation, and loss of wages.
- Wrongful death
- The most common forms of wrongful death occur through automobile accidents, nursing home negligence, and medical malpractice. Wrongful death implies that the guilty party had full knowledge of their own negligence, and failed to prevent a fatality.
Often times, following involvement in a personal injury incident, victims find themselves uncertain and unsure how to go about mending their lives and seeking financial compensation for their injuries. A few of the most frequently asked questions regarding Spring Branch personal injury accidents include the following:What Injuries Can be Considered Personal Injury?
The process of filing a personal injury claim allows you to recover compensation for any and all negative repercussions of the incident. Just as the content of every personal injury case can be vastly different from one another, so too are there many types of injuries and damages. Some of the most common types of personal injury losses/damages include:
- Coma-inducing injuries
- Broken Bones
- Spinal cord/back injuries
- Head, brain and face injuries
If you have been forced to cope with any form of personal injury in Spring Branch or the surrounding area, we understand that you may have Spring Branch personal injury FAQs regarding how to move forward with compensation. At Carabin & Shaw, our attorneys are here to answer all your questions, regardless of whether you choose one of our lawyers to represent your case in court.
If you have suffered involvement in a personal injury, a few of the typical reparations for which victims can hold guilty parties responsible in the form of a lawsuit often include:
- Payment of medical / hospital bills
- Financial restitution for time off from work / rehabilitation
- Loss of wages
- Prescription / medication expenses
- Job loss
- Loss of wages/savings
- Time off from work
- Reputational damage
- Accumulation of hospital bills/health expenses
- Funeral expenses
At Carabin & Shaw, we understand that obtaining evidence and increasing your chances for reparation in personal injury claims can be a time-consuming process. Indeed, many victims face simultaneous financial stresses and sometimes even loss of their jobs in the aftermath. Thus, there are a few reasons why you should always hire a injury lawyer following involvement in a Spring Branch personal injury accident:
- Insurance companies may not hold their clients’ best interests as their number one priority during the process of reparation.
- Your damages/losses may be more far-reaching and serious than immediately apparent.
- The process of filing a personal injury claim, especially a successful one, can be a long one which involves acquiescence with strict regulations.
If you or someone you care about has suffered any form of loss, injury, or damage in any instance of personal injury in Spring Branch, or elsewhere in Texas, the attorneys from Carabin & Shaw are here for you. We provide all our potential clients a free preliminary consultation to help make you aware of your best options moving forward and answer all your potential Spring Branch personal injury FAQs.
We even offer the services of bilingual lawyers for all our Spanish speaking clients in the Spring Branch area. Call us today at our San Antonio offices at 210-222-2288, or anytime toll free at 800-862-1260. We are here for you.