Suffering From Any of These Injuries After a Truck Accident in North Dakota?
18 wheelers are one of the most dangerous things you’ll encounter on the roads in North Dakota. Every year there are approximately half a million truck accidents in the United States, and many of those result in serious injury or death. If you or a loved one has been injured in an 18 wheeler accident, you need a North Dakota 18 wheeler accident attorney to fight for you.
18 wheeler accidents are more legally complicated than normal car accidents and are usually more severe, which means you need an experienced lawyer on your side to get you the compensation you deserve.Injuries After an 18 Wheeler Accident
Because of the immense difference in size between 18 wheelers and passenger vehicles, 18 wheeler accidents in North Dakota often lead to the following injuries:
- Broken bones - Truck accidents are typically more severe than car accidents, which means a crash often results in broken bones.
- Head injuries - The intense impact of a wreck with an 18 wheeler can cause serious injuries to the head and brain including traumatic brain injury (TBI).
- Seatbelt injuries - Seat belts are made for your protection, but sometimes they can cause whiplash. Still, an attorney will always advise you to wear one for your safety.
- Lacerations - Many victims of 18 wheeler accidents will experience cuts and lacerations, and sometimes these can cause scarring that will affect your appearance for the rest of your life.
- Back and neck injuries - One of the most common injuries in 18 wheeler wrecks is back and neck injuries. These can range from mild to severe, and in some cases may leave a victim paralyzed for life. To learn more, talk to a lawyer.
Are you suffering from any of these injuries after a truck accident in North Dakota? If so, you should contact an experienced truck accident lawyer in North Dakota.What to Do After an Accident
After an accident in North Dakota, it’s vital that you take the proper steps to ensure your well-being and maximize the compensation you could get:
- Call the police - The first step after an accident is to call the police, who will create an accident report and help facilitate the exchange of information between parties. The accident report will be important evidence for your case.
- Seek medical attention - Your health is a top priority, so it’s important to seek medical attention if you don’t feel like you have any immediate injuries. An evaluation by a health professional will guarantee that you’re on the fastest road to recovery, and document your case in your medical records, which will be another valuable piece of evidence for your North Dakota 18 wheeler accident attorney.
- Gather evidence - To win your case, you’ll need ample evidence. If you’re able, take photographs of the scene of the wreck as well as damage to your vehicle and your injuries. Also, get the contact information for any witnesses, which your attorney may contact on your behalf to build your case.
- File with insurers - In addition to contacting the police, you’ll need to inform your insurers of the accident. The trucking company’s insurers will try to contact you as well. When you speak with them, never admit fault and try to stick to the facts only. Their job is to pay you less than your accident is worth.
When you’re involved in a truck accident, you’ll want compensation. You can pursue it alone, but you may end up settling for less than your case is actually worth. Talk to a truck accident lawyer in North Dakota to make sure you get what you are owed.
North Dakota attorney James Shaw is an experienced trucking accident lawyer who fights for his victims to get the compensation they deserve. Call us today at 1-800-555-0101 to speak with a North Dakota trucking accident attorney at our firm.