Texas Slip and Fall Accidents | Personal Injury Lawyer San Antonio
Slip and fall accidents can happen to anyone, at any time, and anywhere in San Antonio. Sometimes these accidents don’t have much of a physically impact, while other times they can result in devastating injuries. If you have been in a slip and fall, you may be wondering about how to get compensation for your injuries. Call Carabin Shaw to get answers to your questions regarding Texas slip and fall accidents, because our personal injury law firm San Antonio can help you get maximum compensation for your injuries.What Counts as a Slip and Fall Injury?
A slip and fall claim is classified as any injury that occurs on someone else’s property. These accidents can occur at a friend’s house, a parking lot, or a grocery store aisle. Slip and falls are the leading cause of nonfatal injuries in the United States.
For Texas slip and fall accidents, injured persons can seek compensation for their injuries, but it is important to know Texas law is not as flexible as other state laws when it comes to collecting. In Texas, premises liability comes into account in a slip and fall claim; that is, you must prove the property owner was negligent and that the negligence caused your fall. Talk to one of our personal injury lawyers San Antonio to go over the details of your case.What To Do After a Slip and Fall Accident
After you’ve been injured on someone else’s property, here are a few actions you should take:
- Take photos and videos of the accident area. This includes any signs, spills, and injuries.
- Gather witness contacts and information. These contacts could greatly help your lawyer in your slip and fall case.
- Seek medical attention. Our San Antonio accident attorneys want you to prioritize your health. In addition, the defendant may claim your injuries were not that serious if you do not get immediate medical help.
- Document your accident as soon as possible, with as many details as you can recall. Also be sure to save all of your medical bills, letters of correspondence, and police reports.
- Lastly, contact one of our attorneys so we can start on your case right away. It is important to remember the statute of limitations for slip and fall cases is two years.
If you are wondering about how to proceed after a slip and fall accident, there are a few factors you should know about. Some of the determining factors for a successful slip and fall case can include:
- As aforementioned, if the property owner owed you a duty of care and failed to do so, and that negligence caused your accident, they can be held accountable.
- You suffered damages as a result of your injuries - This can include medical bills and lost wages.
- The property owner knew about the unsafe conditions - This is often difficult to prove in a slip and fall case. If your accident occured in a store, you should ask for an incident report from the manager on duty. If the accident happened on private property, let the property owner know and call the police to file a report.
- Hazard warning signs - If someone decides to walk through a grocery store despite reading wet floor signs, they are partially assuming risk.
- Exercising caution - Although the property owner can be blamed if they were negligent, it is also important for your lawyer to rule out if your own actions caused your injuries.
If you have questions about any of these factors, talk to one of our San Antonio accident attorneys at your earliest convenience.Looking for personal injury lawyers San Antonio? Call Carabin Shaw Today
If you were injured due to a slip and fall, our personal injury law firm San Antonio will take care of you. Our attorneys have years of experience with personal injury law and will help you determine who is at fault. Visit our San Antonio location or call us at 210-222-2288 for a free, no obligation initial consultation.