The Dangers of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Laredo
With the rise in purchases of more electronic appliances in Laredo homes and businesses, the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning can be overlooked. People hear about CO poisoning but do not instantly put it into context.
We may take all of the precautions we want in our homes, but how can we know that company owners are doing the same? Cases such as the death of three American tourists at a Sandals Bahamian Resort as a result of CO poisoning are good examples of a corporation operating carelessly.
If you feel you have the grounds for a strong Laredo carbon monoxide poisoning case, it may be time to engage a lawyer. If you have been harmed as a result of someone else's negligence, and if you've been fortunate enough to avoid significant harm, now is the moment to make sure you never face the same danger again or, at the least, that someone else doesn't have to.
The Laredo attorneys at Carabin Shaw can help victims of negligent businesses receive compensation for any sustained injuries resulting from CO poisoning. We provide more than reliable, qualified legal services; we make all of our resources available so that our clients do not become burdened with the costs of medical treatments.Understanding the Signs and Symptoms of CO Poisoning Can Save Your Life
CO poisoning is a form of poisoning that is often overlooked as a cause of death in emergency situations. The first and most obvious symptom of CO poisoning is the lack of oxygen in the body. This causes the body to become pale and lethargic.
In order to get the best possible treatment for CO poisoning, it is important to understand the common symptoms and signs. Signs of poisoning will vary according to the degree of exposure. The following is a list of the most common symptoms and signs of CO poisoning.
- Tension-type headache
- Overall feeling of sickness
- Stomach pain
- Difficulty breathing
Symptoms of CO poisoning can worsen with prolonged exposure, even if the level of the gas is low. Signs of prolonged low-level exposure may include loss of equilibrium, consciousness, memory or vision.
High quantities of carbon monoxide gas in the blood might induce more severe symptoms and even result in death. These may include the following:
- Personality and sudden behavior changes
- Rapid heart rate
- Chest pain (a heart attack)
Because carbon monoxide poisoning can cause grave damage like heart disease, brain disorders, and death, it is crucial to know what to do if you suspect you’ve been exposed to CO poisoning.
- First, seek immediate medical attention if you are experiencing symptoms. Any local Laredo hospital can run a blood test to confirm the amount of carboxyhemoglobin in your blood.
- Stay calm and avoid boosting your pulse rate if you suspect immediate danger. Evacuate the premises right away.
- If you are a guest at a hotel, motel, or other type of business, if possible, alert the management.
- If you believe the business operated negligently contact a qualified firm of Laredo Tx carbon monoxide poisoning attorneys. A carbon monoxide attorney can help you obtain compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses that resulted from the CO poisoning.
You may be able to file a lawsuit against a business for failing to detect the CO leak or for failing to provide CO detectors for their customers. At Carabin Shaw, our successful track record of helping victims is evident through the testimonials of our current and previous clients. Browse through Carabin Shaw’s client reviews and discover what we can do for you.
Contact us today toll free at 800-862-1260 and schedule your free case review. Our friendly staff is available 24/7 and can communicate with you in Spanish or English