Truck Accident Lawyers in San Antonio, Texas
Every day, San Antonio motorists cope with heavy traffic, distracted drivers, construction, and other annoyances on their commute. For many drivers, one particular challenges is sharing the road with semi-trucks, which are more dangerous than ever, especially on congested city streets and highways. These commercial trucks pose a threat to many drivers and may cause a crash that warrants the help of a lawyer. If you were in such a wreck, you might be wondering, “Who is the best 18 wheeler accident attorney near me?” The answer is simple: Carabin Shaw.How Serious Are Large Truck Accidents?
A Carabin Shaw accident attorney in San Antonio knows that 18 wheeler accidents are more common than you might expect. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMSCA), a division of the United States Department of Transportation, there were about 475,000 police-reported crashes involving large trucks in 2016 alone. During the previous year, there were approximately 4,000 deaths related to trucking accidents, and the majority of these fatalities were drivers in standard passenger vehicles. This makes sense, since large trucks are 20 to 30 times heavier than the average car.
Our Truck accident lawyers in San Antonio, Texas have experience advocating for victims’ needs after semi-truck crashes.What Causes Large Truck Accidents?
Unfortunately, semi-truck crashes are increasingly common. In a 2008 report called “Why Trucks and Cars Collide,” Dr. Ralph Craft of the U.S. Department of Transportation synthesized years of data and identified the top causes of commercial truck accidents:
- Poor decision making
- Distracted driving
- Vehicle issues
- Driver fatigue
- Substance abuse
- Environmental issues (e.g., bad roadways, poor weather)
- Heavy traffic
- Unfamiliarity with the roadway
If you suspect any of the above caused your accident, legal counsel can look into securing compensation on your behalf. If you are searching for “the best 18 wheeler accident attorney near me,” Carabin Shaw truck accident lawyers in San Antonio, Texas are here to help.Determining Fault in a Commercial Trucking Accident
Because the causes of an 18 wheeler crash are varied, you might need the help of an attorney to determine who is at fault. Semi-truck accident lawyers know that the most common at-fault parties include:
- Truck drivers: Driver error is the leading cause of all motor vehicle accidents, and truckers are no exception. A driver may be at fault if he or she fails to uphold the reasonable-person standard, which requires a person to act with care and good judgment to maintain the safety of others. Negligent behavior from truck drivers includes speeding, noncompliance with federal weight regulations, impaired driving, and more.
- Trucking companies: Semi-truck accident lawyers know that the legal precedent of respondeat superior holds a particular party, like a company, liable for the actions of its agents (in this case, the drivers). Companies also have a responsibility to hire well-trained drivers, maintain their trucks, and follow other federal regulations.
- Vehicle manufacturers: Proper engineering and assembly are essential for semi-truck safety. If defective vehicle design, manufacture, or testing caused the accident, your attorney might be able to sue the manufacturer for damages.
Remember, you do not have to proceed with a claim alone.Connect with an Accident Attorney in San Antonio Today
Semi-truck accidents are severe. To ensure you receive the best compensation possible, you will need a good lawyer to advocate for you. Insurance companies want you to settle for less than your claim is worth. At Carabin Shaw, we want your settlement to reflect what you deserve. We have decades of experience serving Texas, and we boast an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. You ask, “Who is the best 18 wheeler accident attorney near me?” In San Antonio, the answer is us.
For a free consultation, call 210-222-2288 or toll-free at 1-800-862-1260.