Typical Types of Truck Accidents | Andrews Lawyers
Unfortunately, truck accidents happen all the time in Andrews, Texas. The typical types of truck accidents are similar to those of passenger vehicles, but the size and weight of an 18 wheeler makes a collision with them more severe than a crash between two passenger vehicles. Our staff at Carabin Shaw has been serving Texans for over 25 years, and we believe anyone wrongly injured or killed by the negligent actions of truck drivers and trucking companies deserves justice.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a truck accident in Andrews, you want an expert who knows the law and is on your side. Andrews 18 wheeler accident attorneys can make sure you get the justice and compensation you deserve.Types of Truck Accidents
When on the road in Andrews, Texas, commercial vehicles are a constant hazard as you drive. The following are only a few of the typical types of truck accidents you could experience if you are involved in a wreck with a commercial vehicle:
- Rear-end. When trucks run into the back of a passenger vehicle, it can have serious consequences. The large size of trucks makes it extremely difficult for truck drivers to stop when a car in front of them suddenly hits the brakes or makes an unexpected maneuver. And if a truck driver is driving distractedly, a rear-end collision can happen at any moment. Talk to a lawyer if you were involved in a rear-end collision with a commercial vehicle.
- Rollover. A truck accident in Andrews will usually leave the truck driver unscathed, but rollovers are statistically the most dangerous type of wreck for truck drivers. Rollovers occur when a driver loses control of his truck because of speeding, texting and driving, or driving recklessly.
- Head-on collision. Head-on collisions are one of the deadliest types of accidents you may encounter on the road in Andrews, Texas. Head-on collisions can happen when a commercial vehicle loses control and swerves into oncoming traffic. Although they are rare, when head-on collisions occur, they can be tragic. An attorney can tell you more about head-on collisions.
- Jackknife. For semi-trucks and tractor-trailers, a jackknife is a potential hazard. These commercial vehicles have a cab and a trailer connected by a hitch. A jackknife accident happens when the trailer swings toward the cab. Usually, this accident is caused by the truck driver braking too quickly. These types of accidents can lead to severe injuries and pileups. If you were involved in a jackknife accident, consult Andrews auto accident attorneys.
- Cargo-related. If cargo is improperly secured or loaded, it can lead to accidents. Depending on the type of cargo, it can spill on the road causing hazards for other vehicles. Talk to a lawyer if you have further questions.
- Underride. One of the most dangerous types of accidents for drivers of passenger vehicles is an underride accident. When a passenger vehicle rear-ends an 18 wheeler or hits it on the side, the vehicle can slide under the truck trailer, which can be deadly. Some regulations are in place to try to prevent these from occurring, but many 18 wheeler companies would rather save a few dollars than protect others on the road. Andrews 18 wheeler accident attorneys can help.
- Side-impact.Side impact crashes usually occur at intersections. These most often happen when a truck driver runs a red light or stop sign. If the trucks collide with the side of a vehicle passengers are sitting in, it can cause severe injuries.
After a truck accident, you want the most for the tragedy you endured. At Carabin Shaw, we’ve won over $1 billion for our clients. Our Andrews auto accident attorneys never represent big trucking companies, we only fight for the everyday victims of truck driver and trucking company negligence. Call us today at 432-620-0544 or toll-free at 1-800-862-1260 to speak to an attorney at our firm.