Uber Accident Claims and Settlements | Dallas Uber Accident Lawyer
Rideshare apps like Uber have exploded in popularity in big cities like Dallas, often replacing taxis and other forms of public transportation. Young people especially are likely to spend some time in the back of an Uber, whether they are being picked up from the airport or hopping downtown on a Friday night. However, with this new industry comes a new form of danger: Uber accidents.
Though Uber accident claims and settlements are a relatively recent phenomena, many attorneys have successfully represented their clients in these cases and received fair financial settlements. Because the laws regarding these claims are often complex, it is best to seek an experienced Dallas car accident lawyer as soon as possible if you have been involved in a rideshare accident.Who Is Liable for Uber Accidents in Dallas?
Do you have questions regarding Uber accident claims and settlements? Firstly, it is important to know that Uber drivers are NOT full-time employees. They are considered independent contractors, and that makes a significant difference in the question of who can be held liable for an Uber accident. Additionally, many personal car insurance companies will not insure drivers when they are operating a vehicle while working.
So, if nobody wants to pay up—who will? With the help of a Dallas Uber accident attorney, you can get a better idea of the laws surrounding liability in Uber accidents. When establishing who should be held financially responsible for an Uber accident, consider the following:
- If an Uber driver causes a collision while driving on personal errands or for personal reasons, he/she will not be covered by Uber’s insurance. In this case, the accident should be covered by the driver’s personal insurance company.
- When an Uber driver causes a collision while operating the app (NOT while actively carrying passengers/picking up passengers), their personal insurance company would still be responsible for the claim.
- Uber must assume financial responsibility for accidents that occur while a driver is either carrying passengers or on their way to pick up a passenger. Uber offers drivers and passengers a $1 million dollar insurance policy to cover damages.
- In some cases, Uber might provide additional support to their drivers even when they are not actively carrying passengers. The company offers up to $100,000 in liability coverage and up to $25,000 in property damage coverage in the cases where the driver’s personal insurance does not cover the cost.
- As with all accident claims, avoid talking with insurance agents and adjusters or signing any documents until you have consulted with your lawyer.
Remember—Uber is a multi-billion-dollar corporation. They are unlikely to settle for a fair amount unless you have a qualified Dallas car accident lawyer to apply pressure throughout settlement negotiations.
Plaintiffs in personal injury cases are statistically more likely to receive financial settlements that cover the full cost of their damages if they hire an accident attorney to settle their claim. It is important to choose a lawyer who not only has prior experience representing accident victims but has successfully taken on large corporations.Trusted Dallas Uber Accident Attorneys at Carabin Shaw
If you or a loved one were injured in an Uber accident in Dallas, it may be time to contact an accident lawyer to discuss your options. Call 1-800-862-1260 toll-free today to reach the Dallas car accident lawyers at Carabin Shaw. Our customer service representatives will help you schedule your no-cost, no-obligation case review and initial consultation.
Carabin Shaw proudly represents Dallas accident victims and their families. With our team of experienced accident lawyers and history of fighting for our clients, we can help protect your interests against big insurance companies and corporations like Uber.