What are the Most Common Causes of Spring Branch 18 Wheeler Accidents?
Accidents happen anywhere and at anytime. The city of Spring Branch is not excluded from that fact. The attorneys at Carabin & Shaw know that some of the most devastating types of accidents have involved 18 wheelers. Our experienced attorneys have worked on a wide range of cases for victims involved in a Spring Branch 18 wheeler accident . We have seen how difficult the process can be for victims and their loved ones, so we seek to fight on your behalf for healing and restoration.
It is safe to say that most of us have probably been involved in an accident of some kind or another, or know of someone close to us that has. Unfortunately, with a growing population comes an increase in the probability of accident occurrence. This increase in congestion on the roads is a result of booming population in larger Texas cities, which spill over and through cities like Spring Branch. There are more vehicles of all types on the highways, and subsequently, this increases the probability of an accident happening at some point.What are the Most Common Causes of Spring Branch 18 Wheeler Accidents?
- Fatigued or overworked drivers- Fatigue fatigue is usually caused by being overworked to meet company demands, and when drivers are not getting adequate rest. Texas law regulates the maximum amount of driving allowable in a day however, company priorities may be more on meeting customer demand than on driver safety.
- Pressure from companies to meet schedule demands- Drivers are often under intense pressure to meet delivery deadlines and may make reckless decisions in the name of meeting a quota. Speeding and weaving through traffic can create dangerous and hazardous roadway conditions.
- Lack of proper training or appropriate length of training- Trucking companies are businesses, and training drivers and managers properly takes time and money. If a company cuts any of this time short, their drivers and managers may not take the proper safety precautions to avoid accidents on the road.
- Incompetent driver / Overconfident driver- While it may be difficult to prove that a driver was overconfident, behavior on the road and clues from the accident scene may indicate recklessness or incompetence while driving.
- Overloaded trailers / improperly securing cargo loads- Cargo can have a great deal to do with why an 18 wheeler may overturn. Texas regulation stipulates the amount of allowable cargo. Not only should those overseeing the loading of cargo be aware of the weight, but ensuring that that cargo is secure enough not to shift in transport is critical in balancing the weight of the vehicle entirely.
- Inconsistent or improper mechanical maintenance- Ensuring that the vehicle is in working order is the responsibility of the truck companies. Even with a skilled driver behind the wheel, vehicles in disrepair can cause unnecessary accidents on the roadway.
- Other types of reckless driving:
- Distracted driving (i.e. texting, talking on the phone, eating a meal)
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Over the years, we have asked: What are the most common causes of Spring Branch 18 wheeler accidents, and we have ultimately found that the problem is negligence on the part of a truck driver and their company. This negligence can stem from the driver or from the trucking company itself as listed in the examples above. It is negligence that you should not have to pay for, and certainly not with your life. You and your loved ones deserve better.We’re Here to Help: Free no Obligation, Initial Consultation
You or your family member may be in need of a Spring Branch 18 wheeler accident attorney. Contact a knowledgeable attorney at Carabin & Shaw today. The force that a truck has when it comes into contact with a passenger vehicle has caused some of the worst damages, personal injuries, and even been the cause of death upon impact. Lawyers know that accidents involving an 18 wheeler can be complex and difficult to get resolved on your own. The corporations and companies that send their drivers through Spring Branch are well-versed in how to get around paying you for damages.
We know for the time being, residents of Spring Branch will continue to see its share of traffic overflow, accidents and issues with 18 wheelers. We all hope that the safety regulations for these trucking corporations will be enforced and followed. The question, “what are the most common causes of Spring Branch 18 wheeler accidents?” may come to your mind as you try to understand how you or your loved one became involved in an accident. Our lawyers want to be sure to uncover those mistakes a truck driver and their company may have made that lead to the accident you were the unfortunate victim of.
If you or your loved ones have been a victim of an accident involving an 18 wheeler in Spring Branch, let our skilled and trusted attorneys assist you. We want to be there for you and help you get the compensation you deserve. We are available to speak to you in English or Spanish and are available anytime day or night, just call us at 800-862-1260.