What are the Most Common Work Injury Accidents?
Are you wondering what are the most common work injury accidents? If so, you’re not alone. The reality is that there is no difference in the types of job injuries occurring throughout the United States and those occurring in Spring Branch Texas; what is different is how they rank and their frequency. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is responsible for the health and safety of Americans in the workforce. OSHA provides annual listings of on the job injuries, tracked by type of injury, cause of injury, and even the number of fatal injuries.
Penalties assessed are due to breach of OSHA standards of safety. In addition to the penalties, our attorneys file lawsuits when an injury occurs. These standards are in place to keep employees safe and employers are required to meet the standards. When employers in Spring Branch fail to comply with OSHA standards, it usually results in a Spring Branch work injury accident followed by fines for the employer and a possible lawsuit filed by an attorney on behalf of the injured employee.What Does OSHA say
In 2017, OSHA listed the top 10 most frequently violated standards on their website. Among those listed are:
- Various injuries related to falls including - unsafe roofs, faulty ladders / scaffolding, and slippery floors
- Hazardous / harmful chemicals and materials that lead to injury such as chemical burns and respiratory problems
- Injuries from heavy machinery
- Electrocution due to faulty / hazardous wiring
Falls are identified as the most frequent cause of injury and death to employees nationwide. OSHA has requirements such as placing a railing around a floor or hole to prevent an employee or passerby from walking over and falling into the hole. The same standard for railings applies when employees work on heights overlooking vats of chemicals. These railings and platforms are there to keep employees safe. Sometimes employers fail to inspect and make sure these platforms are safe and kept in good condition; this is considered negligence.Why It’s Important
Employers and employees frequently want to know what are the most common work injury accidents and how can they be avoided for several reasons. On the part of an employer, it is important to know and understand the causes of common injuries in an effort to increase safety measure and avoid fines and lawsuits. For employees, safety is also a major concern when seeking to know the dangers of the workplace in advance, but workers who have already fallen victim to an injury on the job need to know that their accident is not unique and if it falls under the category of negligence on their employers part.What Can You Do?
Perhaps you live in Spring Branch or San Antonio, and you’ve been injured due to your employer’s negligence. Call and talk with one of our knowledgeable attorneys at Carabin & Shaw today. Whether the injury was due to a fall, trip, electrocution or a failure to receive proper training, our attorney will work with you to obtain justice.
Carabin & Shaw is staffed with highly skilled and knowledgeable Spring Branch Work Injury Lawyer who knows the laws, knows OSHA standards and will defend you when those rights have been violated.
Some rights you as an employee can and should expect include:
- A work environment that is safe from all known dangers
- Work floors should be free from trip hazards such as uncovered extension cords, aisles too narrow to walk through
- Free from slippery/wet flooring conditions as much as possible; when the floors are wet, provision of safety equipment such as anti-slip mats to prevent falls
- Employees are entitled to be trained how to safely handle and dispose of hazardous material
- All machines should be maintained and serviced to insure they are safe to operate.
- Employees should be provided protective outer coverings when working with chemicals
- Employees should be provided safety gear like goggles, ear plugs for noise hazards, a harness when working at heights to protect you from a fall
- Fall protection for heights as low as 4 feet
- Work areas should be well lit and aisles clear of debris
- Safety training provided in your native language
If you are asking “what are the most common work injury accidents?” because you have been involved in an accident, you may still have questions and need additional clarification on workplace injuries. At Carabin & Shaw attorneys are available 24/7 for a free initial consultation. We have offices in Spring Branch, Boerne, and the throughout greater San Antonio. Give us a call and let us help you obtain justice. Call us at 800-862-1260.