What Can You Expect to Recover in Your San Antonio Motorcycle Accident Claim?
In Texas, an automobile accident happens every 59 seconds, with higher rates in urban areas, such as San Antonio. Motorcycle accidents can be more severe than an auto accident between a single passenger car.
If you were in an accident, those around you might ask, “What can you expect to recover in your San Antonio motorcycle accident claim?” Understanding the factors that go into determining how much a case might be worth is the first step toward answering this question. If you were involved in a motorcycle accident, do not hesitate to speak to a lawyer today.Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcyclists are more likely to get into an accident than single passenger cars. Some common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Head-On Collisions with other vehicles: These types of accidents can often be fatal for the motorcyclist and are much more common than hitting the motorcycle from behind.
- Left-hand turns: These often happen when the turning vehicle doesn’t see the motorcyclist.
- Lane splitting: Lane splitting occurs when a motorcycle rides between two lanes of cars. This activity is not legal in every state and can be extremely dangerous.
Riding a motorcycle, like any other vehicle, can be dangerous. If you are looking for a San Antonio motorcycle injury attorney, consider calling Carabin-Shaw for a free consultation. Motorcycle accidents can accumulate in cost and damage. Speaking to an experienced attorney is a great way to determine if you are ready to press charges.Safety Tips for Motorcyclists
To avoid needing the assistance of a San Antonio motorcycle injury attorney in the future, learn to mitigate risk by practicing these safety tips:
- Wear a helmet: Wearing a helmet can decrease the chance of a severe head injury.
- Don’t drink and drive: Drinking too much and then driving is illegal. If you have consumed alcohol, do not get behind the wheel. Find an alternative mode of transportation instead.
- Wear proper clothing: Wearing the right type of clothing, like long sleeves and pants, proper shoes, gloves, and jacket, can protect you from possible road rash or debris.
- Ride with caution: Knowing common types of accidents can help you be more aware of certain dangers.
Accidents don’t have to happen—practice riding safely by following these tips and sharing them with your fellow riders.What You Can Gain by Suing
Establishing fault and damages in your motorcycle accident case is essential. Fault, or liability, means that the cause of the accident is based off a driver’s negligence. If you can prove that you are not liable for the accident, then you may be able to sue.
Next, if you are interested in pursuing compensation for motorcycle accident injuries, you need to understand how damages, or loss from the accident, are calculated. Damages occur two categories: those that can be calculated (like medical bills, loss of benefits or future wages, etc.), and those that cannot be precisely calculated (like pain and suffering). If you need help determining your different types of damages, speak to a San Antonio motorcycle accident lawyer today for guidance.
Remember that if you want to sue, you’ll need to determine the damages you have sustained. Keeping track of medical bills, the pain and suffering you experienced after the accident, and missed wages from work will establish a base for your case. Don’t let your accident take over your life; speak to a qualified lawyer today.What Type of Lawyer Should I Have?
Finding the right attorney for your case can seem like a battle. You want the best motorcycle accident lawyer in Texas without having to sacrifice any financial savings. Luckily, you can have a free consultation with a qualified motorcycle personal injury lawyer with Carabin Shaw.
If you are in San Antonio and searching “motorcycle attorney near me,” then call our offices today. You can expect professionalism and respect. If you still have questions concerning what you can expect in a San Antonio Motorcycle Accident case, take this opportunity to speak to a lawyer today.
If you need a San Antonio motorcycle injury lawyer, call our offices today toll-free at 1-800-862-1260, or call our San Antonio office directly at 260-222-2288.