What Compensation Is Available After a Motorcycle Accident in Laredo
As we approach the cooler autumn weather in Laredo, many motorcyclists will take to the road in hopes of enjoying a peaceful ride. Unfortunately, this peace can abruptly come to a halt due to the negligence of another driver.
Sadly, victims of motorcycle accidents are stigmatized as being reckless and unable to share the road with vehicle motorists, but research indicates that most accidents are caused by a distracted driver. This harmful bias has led insurance companies to typically offer inadequate settlement offers to motorcyclists who have fallen victims of a driver’s inattention.
Victims of a motorcycle accident in Laredo should not feel like they are fighting an uphill battle in the aftermath of an accident when it comes to seeking fair compensation. If you suffered severe injuries due to a driver’s negligent actions, you can find an ally in our team of personal injury lawyers at Carabin Shaw.What Damages Can I Be Compensated for After a Motorcycle Wreck?
Motorcycle accidents can cause some of the most devastating outcomes which include severe, life-changing injuries and even death. When either of these occur, it is critical to seek the legal advice of an experienced motorcycle lawyer to commence the financial recovery process.
You may be asking yourself “What compensation is available after a motorcycle accident in Laredo?” In the state of Texas, victims may seek compensation for both economic and non-economic damages resulting from the wreck.Compensation for Economic Damages
- Property Damage - After a crash, you are entitled to receive payment for your financial losses. These losses include the costs to repair or replace your bike and gear.
- Lost Income (present and future) - Many injuries sustained by survivors of motorcycle crashes are life altering due to their severity. Victims are unable to return to work promptly and some may never be able to work again, leading to financial hardship.
- Immediate and Future Medical Expenses - Because motorcycle accident injuries tend to range between severe and catastrophic, survivors often require long-term care. Injuries to the brain, spine, and legs call for rehabilitation and therapy, both of which are costly.
Pain and suffering / Mental Anguish - Disfigurement, constant pain, and physical impairment can cause immeasurable emotional stress to the survivors. Although assigning a value to “pain and anguish” seems challenging, an experienced, skilled attorney will ensure that you are compensated for the trauma caused by the negligent party.The Benefits of Hiring a Legal Expert
- Build your claim to receive the maximum payment for your damages
- Collect evidence to help your case such as police reports, photographs, and witness testimonies.
- Research the driving history of the other driver(s) involved
- Deal with insurance adjusters
- Can help pay for immediate, urgent medical expenses
- Recreate the scene of the crash and collaborate with experts
If you find yourself facing the hardships of a terrible motorcycle wreck and feel like the insurance companies are not giving you a fair and honest settlement for your damages, it is time to seek the help of a compassionate, dedicated professional.
Our Laredo bike accident attorneys at Carabin Shaw are ready to ride along your side through this complex and difficult journey. They will put your needs first because you deserve respect.
Since the victim’s needs are prioritized, our lawyers work on a contingency basis, meaning that there are no up-front fees for our services. Our attorneys get paid after you have received a proper settlement for your damages.
Contact us toll-free at 800-862-1260 to schedule your free initial consultation so that you decide if pursuing a claim is what is best for you. Our English and Spanish-speaking staff is available 24/7.