What Damages Am I Entitled To After an Albuquerque Trucking Accident?
If you’ve been hurt in a commercial trucking accident in Albuquerque, chances are you’ve suffered serious and costly injuries and expensive damage to your vehicle. Fortunately, a personal injury claim can help you recover damages for your losses, and an Albuquerque injury attorney can help you determine what you’re owed.
If you’re wondering, “What damages am I entitled to after an Albuquerque trucking accident?” or “How do I find the right Albuquerque 18 wheeler accident lawyer?” then our experts are here to help you find answers. Read on to learn more.What are Damages?
In a personal injury claim, if you’ve suffered an injury, property damage, or any other kind of loss as a result of another party’s negligence or intentional harm, you may legally seek financial compensation from the person or company that caused your losses. The term for this financial compensation is “damages.”Types of Damages
Damages fall into two major categories: economic and non-economic.
- Economic damages are measurable and objectively verifiable—they can be calculated exactly to a dollar amount. These damages refer to the specific financial losses you endured due to your accident.
- Non-economic damages (sometimes called “general” damages), on the other hand, are more difficult to calculate because they are subjective. They cannot be totaled using bills and receipts, and are not easily quantifiable. These damages include losses such as pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, loss of companionship, emotional distress, and more.
So what types of damages may you be entitled to following a trucking accident? While only a qualified personal injury lawyer familiar with the circumstances of your wreck can give you the accurate answer to this question, trucking accident victims often seek damages for the following economic and non-economic losses:
- Medical expenses and hospital bills incurred due to injuries caused by the wreck
- Compensation of future medical expenses
- Loss of income
- Property damage (if your vehicle was damaged or totaled or you lost possessions in the crash)
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Disability / physical impairment
- Emotional distress
- Loss of companionship (in the event of a wrongful death due to the crash)
- And more
The only way to know which of the aforementioned damages you may be entitled to collect is to consult with an attorney, who will conduct an investigation into your case and determine whether negligence occurred and help you determine what you are owed.
Fortunately, reputable personal injury attorneys offer new clients free initial consultations to help clients determine whether a personal injury claim is the right course of action.Looking for a Lawyer? New Mexico Attorney James Shaw is Here to Help
In order to prove your injuries, you will need a highly skilled Albuquerque injury attorney who has won these cases before. That’s where we come in—and we want to help you however we can.Free Initial Consultation
Here at Carabin Shaw, New Mexico attorney James Shaw has been specializing in Albuquerque trucking accident claims for more than three decades. He’s an expert in standing up to powerful insurance companies and operates on a “client first” philosophy.
Our firm’s lawyers have 200 years of combined legal experience and a passion for defending accident victims. For a free and confidential consultation with one of our expert attorneys—or just to learn what our Albuquerque 18 wheeler accident lawyers can do for you—call our office today at 1-800-555-0101.