What is Failure to Diagnose? | Laredo Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Most patients in Laredo trust medical experts to take care of them and ensure they are healthy. However, even though doctors have specialized training in caring for the human body, they are, themselves, human and prone to making mistakes. If you suspect your doctor committed medical negligence, contact the Laredo medical malpractice lawyers of Carabin Shaw. Our team will ensure you receive maximum compensation for your doctor’s negligence, including failure to diagnose.The Basics of Medical Malpractice
If you are thinking about hiring a medical malpractice lawyer in Laredo, it is critical that you understand the basics of medical malpractice. In its most essential form, medical malpractice happens when a hospital, doctor, or other healthcare professional causes harm to a patient through a negligent act or omission.
Laredo hospital negligence lawyers want you to know that medical malpractice may include:
- Disregarding patient history
- Failure to diagnose
- Failure to recognize symptoms
- Improper medication or dosage
- Misreading laboratory results
- Ordering unnecessary surgery
- Poor follow up
- Premature discharge
A licensed Texas attorney can help you with any of the above claims.Diagnosis Errors
Failure to diagnose and misdiagnosis are at the center of many malpractice suits. But, what is failure to diagnose? Failure to diagnose occurs when a doctor does not take the appropriate steps to determine the nature of a patient’s medical problem. Because even the best doctors may misdiagnose or fail to diagnose certain patients based on the observable symptoms, successful medical malpractice lawsuits involving diagnostic errors need to prove two criteria:
- The doctor was negligent. Laredo hospital negligence lawyers know that if the doctor failed to order appropriate tests, misinterpreted lab results, forgot to ask specific questions, or did not recognize certain symptoms, then he or she could be at fault. Proving this claim will focus mainly on what another reasonably prudent doctor would have done differently if he or she were in your doctor’s shoes.
- The doctor’s negligence caused you harm. If your current condition is entirely related to your doctor’s negligence or if your situation is worse than it would have been otherwise because of your doctor’s negligence, then you might have grounds for a strong malpractice claim. Laredo medical malpractice lawyers will be able to look over your medical records, consult with experts, and connect the necessary dots.
If your injury led to specific damages, your lawyer could help you claim them in your suit. Some specific damages might include disability, loss of income, costly past and future medical bills, and pain and suffering.Medical Malpractice Is Common
Medical malpractice might seem, at first, like a rare event, but it’s more common than most people realize. According to researchers at Johns Hopkins Medicine, preventable medical mistakes were, as of 2016, “the third leading cause of death in the United States” behind heart disease and cancer. In other cases, malpractice survivors have a decreased quality of life and substantial debt because of negligent healthcare workers.
If you have a reduced quality of life because of medical negligence, a medical malpractice attorney serving Laredo can help settle your case. While compensation alone cannot fix your emotional wounds, it can relieve the economic hardship you’ve taken on as a result of medical negligence.Connecting with the Best Lawyer for You
If you live in Laredo and are searching for the “best medical negligence lawyers near me,” call Carabin Shaw today. Our attorneys have decades of experience and are ready to leverage it on your behalf. We want you to feel confident moving forward with us as your counsel, which is why we offer a free consultation to all prospective clients. We will use this time to listen to you, familiarize ourselves with your case, and answer any questions you may have of us. To schedule this meeting with our Laredo medical malpractice lawyers, dial 956-333-3333, or reach us toll-free at 1-800-862-1260.