What is Work Accident Compensation?
San Antonio is a diverse city filled with workers in all types of occupations. Every job comes with its own set of risks and dangers. If your work injuries were preventable or resulted from someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to damage compensation for your losses.
You may be wondering, “What is work accident compensation?” To learn more, read on and get in touch with a Carabin Shaw lawyer.Work Accidents in San Antonio
The work accident definition is broad. It can include almost any instance of workplace loss or damage due to another person or party’s negligence, carelessness, or intent to endanger. So, what is work accident compensation? In short, it refers to employer-provided coverage that enables employees to recover from injuries in the workplace.
Medical bills, rehabilitation expenses, and loss of wages (including future wages) are the most common workers’ comp reparations. To claim these benefits, injured employees must report their injuries within thirty days.
Work accident compensation largely depends upon the circumstances, liability, and the severity of damages. Some of the most frequently occurring workplace injuries include:
- Slips, trips, and falls
- A company’s negligent maintenance practices can lead to spills and hazardous floor conditions, which might cause various injuries. Approximately ⅓ of all work injury accidents are related to slips, trips, and falls.
- Falling objects and machinery malfunction
- Most often, mechanical breakdowns or faulty machinery cause falling objects. Dangerous work zones, like construction sites or factories, can be especially risky.
- Auto accidents
- If you operate a vehicle during work hours for your job, your risk of accident increases..
- Broken gas lines, open fires/flames, and combustible materials are present in some of the most dangerous working conditions. Fire injuries and explosions have the highest casualty rate of any work injury on this list.
- Overexertion (Repetitive stress)
- Some of the most common types of overexertion include lifting, holding, carrying, or any other repetitive motion that could lead to acute or chronic pain.
All workers deserve a chance to obtain reparations after they experience work injury. But how does workers’ comp work in Texas? Texas law does not require employers to have workers’ comp benefits, though most Texas companies provide some form of workers’ compensation anyway. To understand how workers’ compensation works, let’s look at the difference between workers’ comp and disability.Workers’ Comp Versus Disability
Both workers’ compensation and disability exist to provide financial support to those who are unable to earn full wages. However, there is a crucial distinction between these policies.
Disability is a piece of an employee’s earnings paid out by the company to an employee who is either sick or injured and unable to complete the tasks required of them. By contrast, the employer pays for damages via workers’ comp, but employees who seek workers ‘compensation do not typically have a disability. Instead, workers’ comp recipients are dealing with a temporary injury that occurred in the workplace.
Employees usually pay premiums for disability insurance through a benefits plan, whereas workers comp is reparations for treatment and lost wages.
A San Antonio work injury lawyer can help you determine which type of compensation to pursue.Our San Antonio Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Want to Assist You
If you live in San Antonio and experienced any workplace injury, a workers’ comp attorney may be able to help you sort out the claims process. Look to the San Antonio work accident lawyers of Carabin Shaw for help.
One of our experienced attorneys will sit down with you for a free initial consultation. This appointment will give us a chance to get to know your case and answer any lingering questions you may have, such as, “What is work accident compensation?
Our attorneys serve practice areas across Texas, so no matter where you are in the Lone Star state, if you are searching for a “work accident attorney near me,” you’ll be able to find a Carabin Shaw lawyer.
Contact the San Antonio workers’ compensation lawyers of Carabin Shaw today at 210-222-2288. You can also reach us toll-free at 1-800-862-1260.