What Physical Conditions Qualify for Social Security Disability Benefits?
The Social Security Disability Insurance program is one of the largest programs designed to provide assistance to employees who have been insured and who have worked long enough to pay Social Security taxes. Those in San Antonio who may be eligible need to know what physical conditions qualify for Social Security disability benefits and how to start the application process.
The experienced San Antonio personal injury lawyers with Carabin Shaw are dedicated to advocating for our disabled clients to ensure they receive the Social Security disability benefits they are entitled to. If you or someone you know needs assistance filling out a disability application or has had an application denied in San Antonio, it’s imperative you contact the seasoned attorneys with Carabin Shaw immediately. Our legal counsel and expertise can alleviate the time and stress affiliated with a Social Security disability claim.What Physical Conditions Qualify for Social Security Disability Benefits?
The Social Security Administration provides a list of disabilities that qualify for Social Security benefits. However, there are many disabilities not on the list that could still be eligible. Consultation with an experienced lawyer in the San Antonio area can help you understand if pursuing benefits for your specific disability is possible. Some physical conditions that are explicitly covered by the Social Security Administration’s documentation include:
- Musculoskeletal disorders, such as back problems or other bone and joint issues
- Respiratory illnesses, such as asthma, cystic fibrosis or hypertension
- Cardiovascular illnesses, such as chronic heart failure
- Special sense and speech disorders, such as vision and hearing loss
- Digestive system problems, such as liver dysfunction or inflammatory bowel disease
- Skin disorders, such as dermatitis, skin lesions or burns
- Neurological disorders like cerebral palsy, Alzheimer’s disease, and Parkinson’s disease
- Immune system disorders, such as HIV/AIDS, kidney disease, or lupus
- Endocrine disorders
In order to receive Social Security disability benefits, applicants must be able to provide ample evidence pointing to the diagnosis of their disability and that their disability truly prevents them from being able to perform their normal job functions in San Antonio.Do I Need a San Antonio Social Security Disability Lawyer?
Applying for Social Security disability can be a tedious process, and statistics show the approval ratings of applicants that receive help from an experienced Social Security disability claims lawyer are greater than those without professional counsel.
Should your application be denied, an experienced lawyer can help rebuild your case and present an appeal in the most favorable light in order for you to receive your benefits. A lawyer will also be able to expedite and obtain access to medical records that can prove your disability and set you on the track to receiving compensation.Finding the Right Lawyer in San Antonio
When you begin to search for a lawyer to tackle your Social Security disability claim case, there are a few things to be cognizant of in order to ensure you receive the best representation possible.
- Light caseload: Lawyers balancing several cases at once may not spend the amount of time necessary for your case. Ask about their caseload to ensure they have the time in their schedule to focus on your claim.
- Track record: Do your research to make sure the lawyer you are considering hiring has ample experience representing and winning cases for other Social Security disability claims. A good candidate will be an expert at their craft and know exactly how to navigate your case.
- Trust: Most lawyers should offer a free case consultation prior to taking on a claim. It’s important to have a relationship with a lawyer who is dedicated to your cause and that you feel you can trust. They will be handling personal information and obtaining medical records, so feeling comfortable is of the utmost importance.
If you are considering applying for Social Security disability benefit or have been denied on your initial application, contact a San Antonio disability claims attorney with Carabin Shaw today. Our team of experienced attorneys understand what physical conditions qualify for disability benefits and value our clients’ time and trust. We possess the knowledge and resources needed to not only build a solid case but to ensure compensation is paid to their clients in a timely fashion.
Our first consultation is always free, and our attorneys work on a contingency basis. Contact Carabin Shaw today toll-free at 1.800.862.1260 or locally in San Antonio at 210.222.2288.