What Steps do I Take After My Spring Branch Auto Accident?
The law offices of Carabin Shaw are staffed 24/7; we have an expert Spring Branch auto accident lawyer standing by ready to answer your phone call and help you navigate the complex world of automobile accidents and insurance coverage. Our attorneys can be reached at 800-862-1260, or you may call our Spring Branch office directly at 830-253-5498.I’ve Suffered in an Auto Accident. Now What do I do?
Perhaps you have suffered minor injuries, severe injuries or the loss of a loved one due to an automobile accident. You’re left to wonder “what steps do I take after my Spring Branch auto accident?” Following are the simplified initial steps all drivers involved in an automobile accident should take.
- Call 911 and report the accident
- Check yourself and all your passengers for injuries.
- Move everyone away from the car and any possible oncoming traffic.
- Request an ambulance if anyone is unconscious, bleeding, or you’re unsure of their condition.
- Always wait for the police to arrive; never leave the scene of the accident.
- Do not admit you were at fault even if you were; let our attorney speak for you.
- Share your insurance information only with the other driver and the police.
- Be sure to obtain the other driver’s insurance information.
- Do not photograph the other driver’s license and do not allow them to photograph yours.
- Do take photos of the scene, surrounding area, road conditions, construction work sites, etc.
- Take photos of all vehicles involved and damages sustained.
- Obtain as many witnesses names and phone numbers as possible.
- Call your insurance company and report the accident.
- Damage to the undercarriage of a car is not always evident and driving it away may not be the wisest decision. Ask your insurance agent to have it towed and inspected before you drive it again.
- If your car is to be towed, remove your personal belongings.
Once the police have arrived and taken your report, and providing you are able to leave in your own vehicle, you might consider going to an urgent care to be checked over by a doctor.Follow Up and Follow Through
Once you get home there are additional steps to take, in fact the real work begins now. This is when you may want to consider calling and requesting a free consultation with one of our attorneys. You may be wondering “what steps do I take after my Spring Branch auto accident has been reported”? Following are a few for starters:
- Seek medical care for yourself and your passengers; you may think you’re ok but internal injuries are not so easily detected.
- Contact your insurance adjuster again and provide them a detailed account of the accident.
- Write or draw out a story picture of the accident.
- List who was driving, what lanes cars were in and what direction they were heading.
- List the weather condition at the time of the accident.
- Keep a list of the names of the police officer, any investigators, and the other driver’s insurance adjuster.
- Always document when you speak with an insurance claim adjuster, whether yours or the other person’s; document name, date, and time and what was said.
- Keep all your receipts and documents in a folder for quick reference.
- Call the law offices of Carabin Shaw and ask to speak with one of our attorneys. We will gladly answer any questions you may have and help determine if you should pursue a lawsuit.
If you have been the victim of Spring Branch auto accidents, our attorneys at Carabin Shaw are available 24/7 to help. Answering the question “what steps do I take after my Spring Branch auto accident” can be difficult, especially in the midst of the stress and confusion following a recent accident. Our attorneys are happy to assist you in answering any questions, organizing your case, and fighting for proper compensation.
Give us a call and let us help you navigate the complexity of auto accidents and lawsuits today. Call us now at 800-862-1260.