What To Do After an 18 Wheeler Accident in San Antonio
The I-35 Corridor is a large stretch of highway running north/south across the state of Texas. Every day, many tons of goods and exports travel up and down I-35, carried by large commercial trucks. Especially in cities like San Antonio, which are experiencing incredible population growth, these looming commercial trucking vehicles contribute to heightening traffic levels to an already increasing regional highway density.
As of 2016, statistics indicate that semi truck accidents in San Antonio, TX are on the rise. These trucks are several thousand pounds heavier than the average sedan, and especially at highway speeds, they can quickly become a hazard and a danger for surrounding traffic.Commercial Truck Collision
Those involved in a collision with a commercial vehicle may find the time following the accident a confusing and difficult one. What to do after an 18 wheeler accident in San Antonio depends largely upon the circumstances surrounding your collision, who else was involved, and to what extent were they responsible for your damages.
If you are attempting to hold another party responsible or claim for any loss or injuries from the accident in the form of an 18 wheeler crash lawsuit, legal guidance is always crucial. A knowledgeable, experienced attorney is key in ensuring you receive the financial compensation you deserve. Your situation can be further complicated if guilty parties attempt to reduce their own amount of culpability or diminish the scope of your damages. In these cases, a San Antonio 18 wheeler accident lawyer at Carabin Shaw can help you pursue the truth and determine who is at fault for your damages related to the collision.Common Causes of Trucking Accidents
But before you even hire a truck accident attorney in San Antonio to help you organize and pursue reparations, there are a few general types of negligence that can cause a commercial trucking accident. A few of the most common include:
- Mechanical failure
- The trucking company or truck owner is responsible for basic maintenance and check-ups (oil changes, etc.) on their vehicles. They are also required to keep maintenance logs up to date. This can also include the truck manufacturing company.
- Driver negligence
- This can include any instance where the operator of the motor vehicle Driver under the influence of drugs or alcohol can be considered negligence; smartphone and cell phone distraction can be considered negligence. In fact, negligence can be any instance where it can be proven that the driver consciously devoting his attention to anything besides the safety of themselves and surrounding traffic.
- Driver fatigue
- It is up to the commercial trucking companies to practice reasonable scheduling tactics, and avoid increasing the chance of accident by putting fatigued or overworked drivers out on the road. If a driver falls asleep at the wheel of an 18 wheeler, we can help you determine if perhaps the trucking company has been negligent in overscheduling or overworking their employees.
- Inadequate hiring practices
- If the collision was caused by a driver’s inability to operate the vehicle safely, a lawyer can also help you research the specifics of your case, and whether or not negligent hiring practices, without proper background checks and/or training techniques.
There are a few things you can do to preserve your claim before you even discuss your case with a trucking accident attorney in San Antonio. It is also important to take the following actions as soon as possible in order mitigate your damages and set yourself up for success in the claims process later on.
Following involvement in an 18 wheeler accident in San Antonio, here is what you should do next:
- Seek medical attention
- Compile evidence
- Enlist services of a lawyer
Whether you or someone you love has been involved in a semi truck accident in San Antonio, TX, or anywhere else in the state of Texas, you should not have to fight for reparations alone.. For more information about what to do after an 18 wheeler accident in San Antonio, the lawyers from Carabin Shaw are here for you.
Our San Antonio personal injury lawyers have obtained compensation for hundreds of clients in San Antonio and all across Texas, and we can help you too. You can reach us at 210-222-2288, or toll free, anytime, at 800-862-1260, or come visit us in person in San Antonio personal injury lawyers’ offices.
Our attorneys also serve areas across the state of Texas. We offer all potential clients an initial, duty-free consultation to answer all your questions about what to do after 18 wheeler accident in San Antonio.
Main office of the attorney located in San Antonio, TX.