What to Expect from Your Auto Accident Lawyer
There are many issues that come in the aftermath of an auto accident. Physical injuries, wage losses, emotional distress, and in the worst scenarios, death. Trying to determine how to go about legal action is another stress that may leave you feeling dizzy and frustrated. If you live in the San Antonio area and find yourself wondering, “Who is the best car accident lawyer near me?” look no further than the team at Carabin Shaw.
Our San Antonio auto injury lawyers can help give you a clearer picture of what the process will look like after you have been in an auto accident.
Here is what to expect from your auto accident lawyer at Carabin Shaw:
- Our lawyers will initially provide you with a free, no obligation consultation to review the facts of your case and how we can proceed if you have a valid claim.
- Offer a contingency fee which means that you will not have to pay any legal fees until your claim is successful.
- Handle all the communication to the insurance companies and any other parties.
- Obtain all the necessary evidence for your case.
- Determine the full cost of your treatments and lost wages before making a demand for a settlement.
- Prepare a case for trial if a fair settlement cannot be reached.
We have years of experience and know the ins and out of all types of auto accidents. We highly value our clients and want to ensure that you get fairly compensated if the other driver was at fault.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident and you have questions, it is important to contact one of our San Antonio auto injury lawyers.
In order to ensure you are prepared to meet with one of our attorneys, it is helpful to explain the details of the accident and the damages you have sustained.
These questions are part of what to expect from your auto accident lawyer in your first meeting:
- What car insurance and health insurance do you have?
- Have you talked to the insurance company representatives about the accident? If so, what did you say?
- Were there any witnesses to the car accident and if so, do you have their contact information?
- Have you spoken to anyone about the accident? This can include family, friends, first responders, and witnesses.
You will also need to provide your attorney any medical bills, car repair estimates, invoices, photographs, police reports, emails from your insurance company, and anything else that would be useful in relation to the accident.
Do not hesitate to share information with your lawyer about the accident, even if you worry that it may do harm to the case. Your initial meeting is protected by attorney-client privilege. By withholding information, it may result in wasted time and money on both ends.
If one of our San Antonio car accident lawyers agrees to take your case, ask them about the potential outcomes. Although it is sometimes hard to predict the outcome of cases, we will be as transparent with you as possible. We pride ourselves on being proactive, keeping you up to date on where your claim is in the process.
Our San Antonio auto injury lawyers want to ensure that we have all the necessary information so that we can fight to win your case.
Carabin Shaw has all of your answers. If you live in San Antonio, there is no need to wonder, “Where should I go to find a car accident lawyer near me?” Our San Antonio car accident lawyers can help you with any questions you have. Call us at 210-222-2288.