10 Best Attorney Client Satisfaction
Google verifed reviews
BBB - Acredited Business A+
Texas Trial Lawyers Association
AVVO Rating - James Michael Shaw 10.0

What You Need to Know About Your Laredo Auto Accident Lawsuit

Laredo roadways are known for their high traffic volume and congestion, particularly in the Downtown and Industrial Park areas. Overcrowding and poor infrastructure can lead to automobile accidents, posing serious risks to drivers, passengers, and pedestrians alike.

The sad reality is that the heavy traffic congestion at the border creates a perfect environment for car accidents. Recent reports indicate that Laredo's accident rate is higher than that of Texas statewide, prompting victims to seek legal assistance from a Laredo personal injury lawyer.

According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), Laredo accounts for around 1.4% of all car accidents in Texas. However, according to the United States Census Bureau, Laredo has just about 256,000 residents, accounting for 0.9% of Texas' total population.

Auto accidents are an unfortunate reality on the roads of Laredo, Texas. When you or your loved ones suffer injuries in such incidents, it is essential to know your legal rights.

Factors That Determine Your Auto Accident Settlement Determining Who Was at Fault

Texas operates under a modified comparative fault system called "proportionate responsibility." This means that each party's negligence in causing the accident will determine their liability for damages. For instance, if you were found 25% at fault while the other driver was 75% at fault, you would be entitled to recover 75% of your losses.

It is critical that you gather sufficient evidence from the accident scene, such as photographs, witness statements, and police reports, to prove the other party's negligence in causing the accident. Doing so can result in a higher auto accident settlement in Laredo, especially if you were at zero percent fault.

Statute of Limitations for an Auto Accident Claim

In the state of Texas, you have a specific time frame within which you must file a personal injury claim against the responsible party in an auto accident. According to Texas law, this time frame is two years from the date of the accident. If you fail to file your lawsuit within this period, you risk losing your right to pursue any compensation for your injuries. It is therefore important to consult with an auto accident attorney in Laredo Tx to ensure that you file your lawsuit within the appropriate time frame.

Understanding Auto Insurance

Texas is considered a "fault" state for insurance purposes. Following an auto accident in Laredo, injured parties can choose to file claims with their own insurance company, pursue compensation directly from the at-fault driver's insurer, or pursue litigation.

Keep in mind that insurance companies often attempt to minimize their expenses by offering lower initial settlements or even denying claims outright. It is crucial to engage an experienced attorney who can negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf and ensure you receive the compensation you rightfully deserve.

The Texas attorneys at Carabin Shaw are experienced in handling all types of personal injury claims and are prepared to fight to protect your rights. Every initial consultation is free of charge. Call 800-862-1260 toll free to book your appointment today. Our Spanish-and English-speaking staff is available to speak with you 24/7.

The Importance of Consulting with a Lawyer

The complexities of auto accident lawsuits can be challenging to navigate without legal representation. Hiring a skilled Laredo auto accident expert significantly increases the chances of a favorable outcome.

Our Team Can Provide the Legal Guidance You Need | Free Case Review

Our top Texas injury attorneys know what you need to know about your Laredo auto accident lawsuit. They have a thorough understanding of the law and will provide the legal guidance you need to pursue a fair settlement or prevail at trial. We have helped numerous clients receive compensation for their injuries. Read about our case results on Carabin Shaw's client reviews page.

For more information

Visits with the Attorney are by appointment only. Main office San Antonio, Texas.

Client Reviews
We are very glad we called Carabin Shaw after our accident. We now recommend them to everyone. - Griselda S.
You want Carabin Shaw on your side after an accident. They were excellent. - Valerie S.
In our opinion, no one is better, Carabin Shaw is the Law Firm you want on your side after an accident. - Amanda G.
The attorneys and staff went out of their way to help us after our accident. Thank you Carabin Shaw. - Melinda F.
We did our research after our accident and chose Carabin Shaw. They were great. Highly recommend. Joel Y.