10 Best Attorney Client Satisfaction
Google verifed reviews
BBB - Acredited Business A+
Texas Trial Lawyers Association
AVVO Rating - James Michael Shaw 10.0

When Liability Coverage is in Doubt - A Guide for Laredo Car Accident Survivors

Being involved in a car accident is a traumatic experience for anyone, but it becomes even more challenging when liability coverage is in doubt. If you’ve been in an accident in Laredo, which had nearly 6,000 reported accidents in 2022, it is crucial to have a thorough understanding of the steps you can take to protect your rights. Follow this Texas car accident survivor guide to navigate through this complex situation.

Understanding the Modified Comparative Liability Model

First, it is important to understand that Texas follows a modified comparative liability model. It must be determined what percent fault each party played. If you are 20% at fault and the other party is 80% at fault, you will be able to seek damages up to 80%. There is a 51% bar rule, meaning the party 51% at fault or more is not able to recover damages.

Gather Evidence to Build a Case

To strengthen your case, it is vital to collect as much evidence as possible. For a Laredo car accident, it is important to document the scene by taking photographs of the vehicles involved, any visible injuries, and any other relevant details. Obtain contact information from witnesses who can support your version of the events. Additionally, keep a record of all medical expenses, repair costs, and any other financial losses incurred due to the accident.

Notify Insurance Companies

Promptly notify your insurance company about the accident, regardless of who you believe is at fault. Provide them with all the necessary information and cooperate fully throughout the claims process. If the other party's insurance company contacts you, exercise caution and avoid discussing the details of the accident without consulting legal advice. A qualified lawyer will be able to assess any at-fault driver insurance doubts.

Seek Legal Advice as Soon as Possible

When liability coverage is uncertain, seeking legal representation becomes crucial. Consult with an experienced car accident attorney who specializes in personal injury cases. They will help you understand your rights, assess your case, and provide professional guidance. They can negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf and explore Laredo car crash compensation options.

Consider Filing a Lawsuit

In certain situations, filing a lawsuit may be necessary to protect your rights and seek fair compensation. Your legal will guide you through the legal process and represent you in court if required. Remember that there are legal time limits, known as statutes of limitations, for filing a lawsuit, so it is essential to act promptly. Make sure that you choose a legal counsel experienced in these types of cases to help with your claim, like the Laredo, Texas car wreck attorneys at Carabin Shaw.

Maintain Communication and Keep Documentation

Throughout the entire process, maintain open and honest communication with your attorney, insurance company, and medical providers. Notify them promptly of any new developments, changes in your health, or additional expenses. This transparency will help them build a stronger case on your behalf.

Dealing with a car accident when liability coverage is in doubt can be overwhelming, but with the right knowledge and support, you can protect your rights and pursue fair compensation. Gather evidence, notify insurance companies, and seek legal counsel. By following these steps, and letting our team fight for your case, you can navigate through this challenging situation and work towards obtaining the justice and compensation you deserve.

For a free case review / initial consultation, you can reach us toll-free at 1-800-862-1260. We have English AND Spanish-speaking staff available 24/7 to take your call. Visit our website to get in touch with us and see Carabin Shaw’s client reviews.

For more information:

Visits with the Attorney are by appointment only. Main office San Antonio, Texas.

Client Reviews
We are very glad we called Carabin Shaw after our accident. We now recommend them to everyone. - Griselda S.
You want Carabin Shaw on your side after an accident. They were excellent. - Valerie S.
In our opinion, no one is better, Carabin Shaw is the Law Firm you want on your side after an accident. - Amanda G.
The attorneys and staff went out of their way to help us after our accident. Thank you Carabin Shaw. - Melinda F.
We did our research after our accident and chose Carabin Shaw. They were great. Highly recommend. Joel Y.