Who Can Be Held Accountable for a Trucking Accident in New Mexico?
After a trucking accident, it may be easy to assume that the truck driver is the only party responsible, but that is not always the case. It is sometimes difficult to figure out who is at fault in a trucking accident. If you or a loved one were in a trucking accident in Hobbs, New Mexico, Carabin Shaw lawyers are ready to help you determine who is accountable. We want you to get the justice you deserve. Our Hobbs trucking accident attorneys have experience with handling all of the various parties involved in trucking accidents.Determining Fault
You might be wondering, “Who can be held accountable for a trucking accident in New Mexico?” With a trucking accident, there can be several parties involved. When seeking compensation for damages, lost wages, and medical bills, it may not be as simple as only dealing with the driver’s insurance. Various parties may be responsible depending on the details of the accident. Our Hobbs 18 wheeler accident lawyers can help you navigate how to contact the parties responsible for the accident.
The following parties can potentially be involved in an accident case:
- Truck driver: Like many accidents, this is the most obvious person to hold accountable. The only instance when the employed driver would not be responsible is if they are not driving on the job or to the benefit of their employer.
- Trucking company: Some truck companies may overwork their drivers, forcing them to drive for longer amounts of time with no breaks. If the trucking company has assigned unreasonable hours to the driver, this could cause fatigue which is a common cause of trucking accidents.
- Maintenance crews: If certain parts of the truck are not up to date or replaced, this can result in failing vehicles which could cause a driver to lose control.
- Manufacturers: A truck part manufacturer could also be liable for a trucking accident. Defective parts could be the leading cause of a crash.
- Load crews: Overloaded trucks are another main cause of trucking accidents. The trucking company may be at risk if they are not maintaining safe practices.
Trucking accident cases are often complicated. Trucking companies usually have a team of aggressive lawyers whose goal is to give you as little compensation as possible. This hurdle is why it is essential to get a headstart on your case by contacting a Hobbs 18 wheeler accident lawyer.Gathering Evidence
After an accident, it is crucial to get down the following information from the truck driver:
- Driver’s name
- Home address and phone number
- Driver’s license number
- Insurance company
- Insurance policy number
- Trucking company name
- Trucking company address and phone number
This information will help our attorneys get to work right away on your case. These accidents can result in awful injuries, such as burns, broken bones, and brain trauma. An injury lawyer in Hobbs can help you get peace of mind while you focus on your recovery.
To make sure that all the parties are held accountable, you need to document everything you can after the accident. Take photos of both your injuries and car damage. Ask any witnesses to describe what they saw. Then, contact a Hobbs trucking accident attorney as quickly as you can. Every detail matters in these sorts of cases.Choose Carabin Shaw
Our team of Hobbs 18 wheeler accident lawyers can help you figure out how to hold the right people accountable in a trucking accident. We have experience in trucking accident cases, and we are ready to tackle your claim.
If you live in Hobbs, New Mexico and have questions about your trucking accident case, call our attorneys at Carabin Shaw to schedule a free consultation. To get in touch, dial 915-779-2301 or call us toll-free at 1-800-862-1260.