Who can be Held Liable for Injuries Sustained in My Spring Branch Auto Accident?
The Texas Department of Transportation estimates that every 2 hours and 20 minutes, another fatality occurs on Texas roadways in 2016 and that every 2 minutes another motorist is injured. Worldwide, over 1.3 million deaths have been attributed to auto accidents. Furthermore, a recent study found that in the United States alone, over $871 billion in damages occured in 2014 according to a study released by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The city of San Antonio is one of the fastest growing regions of the state of Texas. So too, are the smaller towns surrounding it, such as Spring Branch, Boerne, Seguin, and Selma.Auto Accident Pain and Suffering
If you or someone you care about has sustained injuries in a Spring Branch auto accident , The lawyers at Carabin Shaw believe that every victim deserves a right to fair and equal compensation for their damages. Injuries and other forms of loss may take months or even years to heal; in some cases of impairment, such as paralysis or loss of a limb, they can never be fully restored and thus require an entirely new approach to all aspects of everyday life. The common thread among many post-accident injuries is their potential classification as ‘pain and suffering,’ but pain and suffering can take many forms.
To sort through the intricacies of liability centering around an auto accident, it is best to consult a licensed attorney. To preliminarily identify some potential places for pain and suffering compensation, though, read over the following most common forms that pain and suffering may take:
- Loss of current wages
- Loss of future wages
- Job loss
- Hospital / medical bills
- Medication/prescription costs
- Head / neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Loss of limb
- Physical rehabilitation
The simple answer to this question is that there are indeed a large variety of third parties and persons who can be held accountable for your injuries under these circumstances. Awareness of these options can help Spring Branch victims identify who is responsible as they proceed with appropriate legal action with the help of a Spring Branch auto accident lawyer.
Some of the most common usually include:
- Another motorist
- In multi-car collisions, culpability in an accident can often be traced to one of the drivers involved. Many car wrecks happen because one of the involved motorists was under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or they were distracted by their smartphone, victims can seek reparation in the form of a lawsuit from these individuals.
- Commercial truck driver
- Commercial trucking vehicles are much larger and therefore more dangerous than smaller passenger cars. The driver of a commercial truck can be held responsible for damages due to distracted driving,
- Commercial trucking company
- If the accident involved an 18 wheeler, there is a chance the trucker’s employer may actually be to blame. The trucking company may have hired an incompetent driver without proper background checks and investigation into driver history and records. They may also be responsible for placing their drivers and other motorists in danger with overscheduling and fatigue of their employees due to negligent scheduling tactics.
- Your employer
- If you drive frequently for work, and the accident happened while you were on the clock, you may be eligible for compensation from your employer.. Much the same as trucking company accountability, other employers of those who drive regularly for work can overschedule or fatigue their employees. This can endanger all motorists in surrounding traffic when these drivers share the road without proper lack of sleep.
- Automobile company
- If you are seeking compensation for a car’s maintenance malfunction which caused the collision, pursuing reparations from the automobile company who is at fault for mechanical faults in the vehicle may be the most appropriate course of action.
If you live in or around Spring Branch and you are wondering who can be held liable for injuries sustained in my Spring Branch auto accident, the attorneys from Carabin Shaw want to hear from you. We have over 20 years of experience attaining thousands of dollars for hundreds of clients all across Texas in all manner of personal injury cases.
Following involvement in an auto accident in Spring Branch or the surrounding region, obtaining a lawyer may be your best chance to receive the compensation you deserve. At Carabin Shaw, we want to see all our clients’ restore their lives as they were before the accident. We believe that every victim in an automobile accident, regardless of circumstance, deserves a full life, restored just as it was before the accident.
For more information regarding who can be held liable for injuries sustained in my Spring Branch auto accident, contact the experienced attorneys from Carabin Shaw. Call us today at our San Antonio offices, 210-222-2288, or toll free at 800-862-1260, to set up a free preliminary consultation. We are available by phone anytime, day or night.