Who is Responsible For the Medical Bills After a Dallas Car Accident
When you’re involved in a car accident in Dallas Texas, it’s likely you’ll sustain damages. You may have injuries and need medical attention, your car may be damaged and in need of repair, you may be unable to work because you need time to recover—all of these circumstances are damages you’ve suffered because of someone else’s negligence. The negligent party is responsible for the medical bills after a Dallas car accident.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident, you need a seasoned car accident lawyer Dallas Tx on your side. At Carabin Shaw, our attorneys have decades of experience getting victims of car accidents the justice they deserve. If you want the best car accident lawyer in Dallas, we’re here for you.Who is at Fault For My Car Accident?
In a car accident, someone is always at fault for the wreck. That someone is usually liable for paying damages to anyone who sustains a Dallas car accident injury. Who is responsible for the medical bills after a Dallas car accident comes down to the circumstances of your case.
An experienced lawyer can look at what happened in your wreck and determine which of the following parties should be held liable:
- Another driver - More often than not, an accident between two passenger vehicles in Dallas Texas is because of the actions of one of the drivers. If that driver was violating any traffic laws including speeding, running a redlight or stop sign, driving distracted, etc, their actions will be considered negligent, making them at fault for the accident.
When another driver is at fault, their insurance company is responsible for paying your damages. Insurance companies, though, will try to settle with you for less than you deserve, which is why it’s important to consult an attorney to make sure you get a fair settlement.
- The local government - If hazardous construction or a failure to maintain public roads leads to your accident, the local government can actually be found at fault. For example, if a storm knocks down a stop sign at a 4-way intersection and the local government neglects to replace it for months, the local government can be responsible for any accident that occurs.
- Driver’s employer - When the other driver is on the clock for their employer when they hit you, their employer may be at fault under the theory of “respondeat superior,” which holds that companies are liable for damages caused by their employees if that employee is working under the scope of their employment. To learn more, talk to a car accident lawyer Dallas Tx.
- Vehicle or parts manufacturer - Sometimes, accidents are caused by faulty parts. Either the vehicle or parts manufacturer can be held liable when a faulty part or poor construction or design leads to an accident. For example, if a poorly designed airbag does not inflate in a wreck, the manufacturer can be held liable.
An injury after a car accident can require serious medical care. The following list includes examples of the different types of medical bills you may incur after a Dallas car accident injury:
- Hospital bills
- Cost of surgery
- Emergency room fees
- Physical therapy
- Prescription drug costs
- Prosthetics, if necessary
- Future medical costs if you will need ongoing treatment
To know which of these types of medical bills you may be able to recover, discuss your case with a lawyer.Our Texas Attorneys Can Help You Recover Damages
Car accidents can greatly impact your life. If you’ve suffered because of someone else’s negligent actions on the road, you deserve compensation. Our team at Carabin Shaw can help you. We have the best car accident lawyers in Dallas, and our firm’s thirty years of experience and winning track record means we can get you the justice you’re rightfully owed. If you need an attorney, call us today at 1-800-862-1260 for a free case review.