Who’s Liable for My Car Accident in Laredo?
Laredo’s population has grown to 255,202 people in 2021. With people heading back to in-person work after the global pandemic, there are more drivers on the road. People have also become more and more distracted by phones and radios, on top of the stress from living through the chaos of 2020. This is a perfect combination for a car accident. In 2020, the Texas Department of transportation recorded a whopping 4,401 car wrecks in Laredo.What To Do if You’ve Just Been in a Laredo Car Accident
If you’ve been in an accident, you may experience shock from head trauma, and or severe emotional distress. Here are some things to keep in mind in the immediate aftermath of an accident:
- Try to remain calm. First, slow down. Take a few deep breaths, and examine your body for any obvious injuries that need immediate attention. If this is the case, call an ambulance as soon as possible.
- Keep track of everything at the site. Take photos of the location and surrounding area of the crash.
- Document the time, and if possible all exchanges with the other driver.
- Take a photograph of the other driver’s license and insurance.
- Call the police so you have official written documentation of the accident.
After the initial panic has passed, it’s common to experience doubt, and fear. You may even be wondering, “who’s liable for my car accident?” It’s difficult to remember every detail that led up to a collision, which is why it’s important to try to take notes while things are still fresh in your mind (at the site).
If you’re having a hard time pin-pointing the events prior to the accident, or are unsure if you were at fault, it may seem easy to rely on your insurance to take on the investigation, however, insurance companies are notorious for bending facts in order to pay out the least amount possible.
This is why finding an experienced Laredo personal injury attorney is crucial. Even though this might feel like one more step to worry about, the benefits of a lawyer outweigh the initial hurdle of finding a good fit. Many people skip this step and let insurance companies handle the process only to be met with more tedious tasks to even convince them of the very minimum compensation they deserve.
One of the most common complaints voiced about the aftermath of an accident have to do with the stress of dealing with insurance companies. A trusted lawyer will communicate with these big agencies and advocate on your behalf.What Are Some Benefits of Hiring An Attorney?
It’s normal to feel hesitant about hiring an attorney. Afterall, you may be concerned about the financial burden this can create. However, it’s essential to consider the pros of having an expert on your side. Here are some examples of the gains that will likely accompany making the decision to look for car accident attorneys serving Laredo:
- Compensation increases exponentially when a lawyer is on the case.
- Insurance companies are often handling thousands of cases simultaneously, so it’s easy for them to view clients as another number.
- Hiring a lawyer saves time and energy spent reliving the traumatic event. The stress will be off your hands.
- You can focus on recovering and get back to your old life.
- Missed work days
- Medical bills for physical and psychological damages
- Damages to property
- Alternate transportation/rental if the automobile was totaled
Recovery takes time. Time is frequently a matter left out of consideration for compensation, but time is one of the most valuable assets in our possession — time away from work, time in a hospital, time away from family are all costly expenses. Often, people are forced to return to work even though they may still suffer from unhealed injuries.
This is why Laredo car wreck attorneys at Carabin Shaw have dedicated decades to fighting for everyday people. We have over 200 years of combined experience, and are ready to help you so you can focus on recovering.Free Initial Consultation at Carabin Shaw | Our Attorneys Fight for You
We offer a free case review/initial consultation and operate on a contingency-fee basis. This means that you are able to initially discuss your legal options at no cost to you, and we do not collect a fee unless your case is won.
Whether you are reading this in the middle of the day, or night, weekday or weekend, we are here to talk to you. Call us anytime toll-free: 800-862-1260.
No habla Inglés? ¡No hay problema! ¡Nosotros hablamos Español!