Why You Need a Dallas Swimming Pool Accident Lawyer
Between Memorial Day and Labor Day is the best time of the year to hit the pool. Unfortunately, this time of year is also when the most drownings happen, and Texas is one of the top 5 states where drownings occur. If you or a loved one was injured or killed in a swimming pool in Dallas, we believe you deserve compensation.
An experienced attorney can help you through this tragic time, and our staff at Carabin Shaw has won over $500,000,000 for our clients. We always do everything we can to make the most of every case we work. It’s important to know why you need a Dallas swimming pool accident lawyer to have your best chance at maximum compensation. An accident lawyer in Dallas can answer any questions you have.Proving Your Personal Injury Case
After Dallas swimming pool accidents, victims will have to make their case if they’re seeking compensation. The following four steps are what you and your Dallas personal injury lawyer would have to prove in order to be awarded compensation:
- Duty - Pool accidents in Dallas fall under “premise liability” laws. These laws require property owners to keep their pool and property at a reasonable standard of safety and to warn guests of any hazards on their property. If anyone is injured on their property, they can be held liable. To learn more about a property owner’s duty of care in a swimming pool accident, consult a lawyer.
- Breach of Duty - A property owner breaches his duty of care when he fails to keep his pool to a reasonable standard of safety. For example, if the owner did not use mats to make the poolside less slippery, they could be found responsible for a slip and fall accident. If small children are around and the owner does not have a protective fence around their pool, it could mean they breached their duty of care. An experienced accident lawyer in Dallas can explain further.
- Causation - This step requires connecting your injuries to the breached duty of care. If you sustained a slip and fall injury, for example, and you can show that it was directly caused by the owner’s negligence, then you will have proved causation. Often times, the best evidence for causation will be your medical record, so make sure to share that with your legal representation. An attorney will know how to draw this connection.
- Damages - Lastly, once you’ve proven causation, you need to spell out what damages you are owed. This includes economic damages like medical bills and loss of income, as well as non-economic damages, like pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life.
Working with a lawyer has a number of benefits. They understand the process from experience and know how to make the most of your case, lifting the burden of the legal process off your shoulders. Below are a few key reasons why you need a Dallas swimming pool accident lawyer:
- An attorney will thoroughly review your case and will be knowledgeable about who can be held liable for your injuries.
- An attorney will consult experts and effectively estimate the value of your damages.
- An attorney will prevent insurers from giving you much less than you are owed.
- An attorney can protect you and your family from blame for the accident by the defendant, which could hurt your case.
Dallas swimming pool accidents can have life-altering consequences, and getting justice can be difficult if you pursue it alone. You need to be properly compensated for your damages, and to do that, you need to effectively prove your case in court. Our staff at Carabin Shaw is a team of dedicated law professionals who strive to help victims just like you every day. A Dallas personal injury lawyer is your best bet to winning your case and earning proper compensation. Talk to an accident lawyer in Dallas today. Call us toll-free at 1-800-862-1260.