Why You Need an Attorney After a Motorcycle Accident in Texas
It is no surprise that motorcyclists face more danger than other vehicles on Texas roads and highways. In 2018, the Texas Department of Transportation reported that there were 418 motorcyclists deaths. After any sort of auto accident, it is common to be overwhelmed with questions and obligations, but especially for motorcyclists, who often face more severe injuries than other types of vehicle accidents. If you or your loved one in San Antonio has been harmed in a motorcycle accident, contact one of our San Antonio motorcycle accident lawyers at Carabin Shaw so we can start working on your case. Our lawyers are dedicated to fighting for individuals who have been harmed in motorcycle accidents.
The circumstances of motorcycle accidents differ from other types of vehicle accidents, which can make the legal process even more confusing. If you’re wondering why you need an attorney after a motorcycle accident in Texas, there are a few reasons. Motorcyclists should contact an attorney as soon as possible because:
- Unlike other vehicle accidents, motorcycle accidents differ due to the severity of the motorcyclist's injuries. What could seem like even a minor accident could result in long lasting damage for the motorcyclist. It is important to get the compensation you deserve if the other driver is at fault.
- The crash may also be hard to reconstruct due to the force of the accident that may send debris flying. Additionally, it is harder for experts to reconstruct the accident since motorcycles are much lighter than cars, which could lead to questions about how the accident occurred.
- There are often biases against motorcyclists which can make motorcycle crash claims more difficult. Our San Antonio bike injury lawyers will never let insurance companies get away with their unfair stereotypes or biases against motorcyclists.
While you are recovering from a motorcycle accident, it is important you talk to one of our San Antonio motorcycle accident lawyers so that we can help you take a few burdens off of your plate while you heal. It’s important to get an attorney after an accident so that we can investigate the accident, gather evidence, calculate losses, and negotiate and litigate your claim.
When you talk to one of our San Antonio motorcycle crash attorneys, it is important to provide medical records, police reports, and other important documents in relation to the case. Due to the differing nature of motorcycle accidents, it may require additional paperwork. Our lawyers will let you know if you need to provide any additional evidence.
It is crucial to get into contact with one of our San Antonio bike injury lawyers because we will help you investigate the accident and figure out what actually happened and who is to blame. Common causes of motorcycle accidents include, but are not limited to:
- Distracted driving
- Drivers under the influence of alcohol
- Left-turn accidents
- Dangerous road conditions
- Equipment failures
- Tailgating or rear-end collisions
We work with experts and local authorities that will determine what exactly happened and who is at fault.
Our San Antonio motorcycle accident lawyers know that it can often be frustrating communicating with insurance companies, so let us handle all the communications related to your case. Do not let these obligations affect you while you are trying to heal from your accident. At Carabin Shaw, we value our client’s well being above all else.
Our team of San Antonio motorcycle crash attorneys have years of experience and will fight to get you the compensation you deserve. In the situation that your case does go to trial, our lawyers have the thorough legal knowledge and argumentative skills you would want to have on your side.
We are proud to help those that have been injured in motorcycle accidents. If you live in the San Antonio area and suspect you are a victim of a motorcycle accident, call our team at 210-222-2288 for an initial free consultation.