Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in El Paso
After a work injury in El Paso Tx, injured workers often do not realize that their employer or the employer's insurance carrier is required by law to provide certain benefits for injured employees not just in El Paso but in all of the state.
El Paso is home to many large and small companies as well as dangerous work environments such as construction sites, warehouses, and oil and gas sites. In these kinds of settings, any accident can cause catastrophic, and occasionally even deadly, harm to employees, leaving victims and their families in disarray.
The El Paso attorneys at Carabin Shaw are an experienced workers' compensation law firm that can help you in the case of a terrible work-related accident claim. We have helped many injured workers get the benefits they are entitled to under Texas law. We’ve helped many people in the El Paso area recover from their work injuries, so if you've been injured at work, contact our office today to schedule your free consultation with an attorney.General Information about Workers' Compensation Law in Texas You Should Know
- Workers' compensation is a no-fault system that requires your employer to carry workers' compensation insurance to pay medical treatment and other benefits to workers who are injured on the job.
- If you are injured on the job, your employer must immediately report the injury to its workers' comp insurer. The insurer will investigate your claim and decide whether it should approve payment for medical treatment or other benefits.
- Your employer must continue paying you while your claim is being processed by an insurance company, but if they do not have their own insurance policy (which many don't), they may deduct the amount of money they owe you from any wages or salary owed in the future.
- Medical treatment from a list of approved providers
- Compensation for permanent disability
- Wage replacement if you cannot work because of the injury
- May cover retraining costs if you have to change careers after your injury (a vocational rehabilitation program)
When your employer doesn't obey the law, denies responsibility, or is late on benefits or full medical coverage, you should speak to a lawyer experienced in workers' compensation cases before your claim becomes complex, which often happens.
Another reason to seek out a group of respectable workers' compensation attorneys in El Paso is if you have been injured on the job by a third party. If another party's negligence resulted in your condition, like a subcontractor, another company, or another person working at your jobsite, you can file a claim for damages. You may also file a claim if a defective product you used at work caused your injuries.
Despite the fact that you are not legally compelled to do so, it is in your best interest to hire legal counsel. This is particularly true if your situation is complicated, such as if you have a lifelong impairment or an employer who is acting in retaliation.What Former Clients Comment About Texas Work Injury Attorneys at Carabin Shaw
Some clients who were asked about their interactions with our attorneys and professional legal staff said that because of our client-first philosophy, our services are superior to those of other firms in the state. Read what they have to say about our services on Carabin Shaw’s client reviews page as well as Google reviews from the past five years.
If you are unable to work because of your work-related injury, contact our office immediately so that you can begin to recover both physically and financially. Our legal staff is available 24/7 to discuss your case and can communicate with you in English or Spanish. Call 1-800-862-1260 toll free to schedule your first free appointment.