Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Austin
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the leading cause of workplace injuries in Austin, Texas is slips, trips, and falls. Other major causes of workplace injuries include lifting and being struck by an object.
If you have been injured on the job, it is important to understand your rights and how the workers' compensation system works. An Austin Tx work injury lawyer can help you through the legal process of filing a worker’s compensation claim as well as seek fair recovery for your injuries.
Your best chance of recovering from job-related injuries is to consult with a specialist who is knowledgeable about the most common work injuries in your region. Because our attorneys are familiar with the ins and outs of the cities they live in, Carabin Shaw offers high-quality legal services to employees in towns across Texas.
We offer free initial consultations to any injured Austin worker who has questions about whether or not hiring a lawyer is the best option after an accident. We provide honest, responsible advice to our potential clients and inform them of their rights under Texas law.Rights If Injured on the Job in Texas
The Texas Workers' Compensation Act is designed to ensure that victims of workplace accidents receive medical care and financial assistance necessary to return them to their pre-injury state. The Act also ensures that employers are held responsible for injuries that occur as a result of their negligence.
The rights you have under the Texas Workers' Compensation Act include:
- The right to receive medical treatment for your injuries from a doctor of your choice, even if it is not a doctor who works for the company that caused your injury
- The right to be paid for any time you miss work because of your injury
- The right to be paid for any expenses related to your recovery
- The right of your family members to receive benefits if they care for you while you recover
It is important that you understand these rights in order to protect yourself when filing a workers' compensation claim. Our worker’s compensation lawyers in Austin are happy to discuss your rights and clear up any confusion in your first meeting.Typical Causes of Work Injuries in Austin
Workplace injuries can occur in many different ways. Most commonly, these injuries are caused by:
- Inadequate safety equipment and/or training
- Failure to follow safety policies and procedures
- Incorrectly performing a job function that endangers employees' health and well-being
If you have been injured on the job, you may be entitled to workers' compensation benefits.
Workers' compensation is a type of insurance that provides financial support for those who have suffered an injury while working or because of their employment status. To receive workers' compensation benefits, it is important to understand what qualifies as a work-related incident or accident and how to go about filing a claim.
It is essential to speak with a lawyer when your employer rejects your claim, refuses to accept responsibility for your injuries, or does not pay the full cost of your medical care.Getting Compensation for Your Workplace Injuries
You also may need to hire an attorney if:
- The injury is serious enough that it requires surgery or hospitalization.
- You've been hurt multiple times in the workplace.
- Your employer has violated health and safety laws related to workplace accidents (such as having unsafe equipment).
Our experienced lawyers can help you get the right compensation, medical care and treatment, legal representation and guidance through this difficult time.
Reach us toll free at 800-862-1260 day or night, any day of the week. Our legal team awaits your call and can discuss your case in English or Spanish.
We’ve already helped thousands recover what they’ve lost. See for yourself by browsing through Carabin Shaw’s client reviews. Let us also help you.
1609 Shoal Creek Blvd #100
Austin, TX 78701