18-wheeler Wreck: Austin Trucking Accident Attorneys
18-wheelers travel Austin roads day in and day out, carrying goods to their destinations on tight deadlines. Unfortunately, truck drivers will sometimes go to extremes in order to ensure their deadlines are met. These extremes include reckless behavior that poses a threat to others and can result in serious – even fatal – accidents.
Due to their size and weight, injuries sustained in an Austin 18-wheeler accident have a greater probability of life-altering consequences. The costs are also astronomically greater, and the trucking industry is well equipped to defend against their legal responsibility.
For these reasons and others, it’s imperative to employ the help of an experienced attorney to ensure victims are in a position to receive the most compensation possible from such accidents. If you or someone you know has been involved in an 18-wheeler wreck, Austin trucking accident attorneys are your best bet for receiving full compensation.The Importance of Austin Truck Injury Lawyers
Liability is the foundation of every 18-wheeler accident claim, and without it, negligent truck drivers may escape justice. Specialized attorneys, like those at Carabin Shaw, are experts in determining the most common causes of 18-wheeler accidents. Some factors in accidents in Austin include:
- Speeding: Truck drivers on a deadline may speed in order to reach their destination. Speeding often leads to losing control of an 80,000-pound vehicle.
- Driver fatigue: Because most truck drivers get paid per mile, they sometimes sacrifice sleep for a bigger paycheck. Drivers who fall asleep at the wheel create serious accidents on the road.
- Poor maintenance: 18-wheelers require regular maintenance in order to run properly and to ensure there is no chance of mechanical failure – especially important since they travel long distances daily.
- Driving under the influence: The dangers of driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol are just as serious when operating an 18-wheeler, greatly impacting decision-making and response times.
- Distracted driving: In a day and age that revolves around technology, truck drivers preoccupied with GPS systems, cell phones, and radio monitoring create even more possibilities of causing a deadly accident.
Utilizing the evidence available from your 18-wheeler wreck, Austin trucking accident attorneys will work hard to evaluate your case to see if a driver’s negligent actions similar to the ones above contributed to the cause of your accident.
Commercial trucking companies are no stranger to accidents involving their vehicles; in fact, they expect them. For this reason, they employ around-the-clock corporate lawyers in Austin whose single mission is to protect and prevent losing any money to accident claims, even when they are clearly responsible. At every turn, you can expect trucking companies to deny liability, and they are well empowered to do so.
When up against such powerful opponents, you need the best attorneys of your own on your side, and ones who are not afraid to tackle the transportation industry.Carabin Shaw Fights Big Trucking Companies
Carabin Shaw has a history of winning cases against the trucking industry and its negligent drivers – over 20 years, in fact. Accidents of this nature are serious and can have devastating impacts on the lives of anyone involved. Understanding the importance of an experienced attorney is crucial for ensuring you have a shot at receiving the most compensation possible for your injuries.
If you have been involved in an 18-wheeler wreck, the Austin trucking accident attorneys with Carabin Shaw should be your first call. Our team of seasoned attorneys understands how to fight back against big trucking companies whose priority is paying the least amount of money possible for your injuries.
Our attorneys will work around the clock on your personal injury case, and the first consultation is free. Plus, we work on a contingency basis, meaning we don’t get paid unless your case is won. Contact us today toll-free at 800-862-1260 or locally in Austin at 512-832-1101.
1609 Shoal Creek Blvd #100
Austin, TX 78701