After an Oilfield Accident or Explosion in Midland: What Now?
Working in a Midland oilfield is a dangerous job. The use of heavy machinery and the constant threat of gas leakage and explosions means oilfield employees have to be on alert at all times. For workers in the oil and gas industry, knowing how to respond after Midland oilfield accidents can be critical for your safety and your potential to be compensated. If an oilfield accident injured you or a loved one, a Texas oilfield accident attorney could help.
Our team at Carabin Shaw has worked tirelessly to support victims of oilfield accidents by providing the legal assistance they deserve to get rightful justice. You may be wondering, “After an oilfield accident or explosion in Midland: what now?” Our lawyers know the solution and can answer your questions.What’s Next After an Oilfield Accident
- Get to safety: Accidents in oil fields can be life-threatening. A gas explosion or the malfunctioning of heavy machinery can endanger workers. After an accident, if you are able, assess your surroundings and make sure to remove yourself from any danger. If malfunctioning equipment caused the accident, be sure to reach out to oilfield faulty equipment accident lawyers.
- Notify your supervisor: After an accident in Midland, it’s essential to notify your supervisor as soon as you can, especially if your circumstances may fall under workers’ compensation laws. If you don’t, this could affect your job and your ability to be recompensed.
- Get medical attention: Your health is of the utmost importance. See a doctor immediately after your accident. This step will ensure you have the best chance at a full recovery, and it creates official documentation of your injuries. This information is vital for Midland oilfield injury attorneys to get your rightful compensation. A copy of your medical records will be beneficial to your lawyer.
- Collect evidence: If you can, take photographs and document your version of the accident scene. This action can help substantiate your claims about your injuries and the extent of the accident. Make sure to get a copy of your statement to your attorney.
- File a report: It’s critical to file an official report, which becomes a record of your statements in writing. Be honest and detailed, and make a note of injuries and any pain you’re feeling in the moment, even if you think it could go away. If you don’t, your employer could use this against you down the road when you’re trying to recover medical damages. The law limits you to a small window of time between the incident and when you can fill out a report, so make sure to do so as soon as possible. If you ever have questions, contact our Midland accident lawyers.
- Contact a lawyer: If you’ve followed all the previous steps, you’ve done the best you can up to this point, but this isn’t even half the battle. Knowing the best course of action for settlement outside of court or taking your case to trial is no easy feat to do on your own. If you need assurance that you will be taken care of, know our attorneys are here for you.
No one wants to deal with the aftermath of an oilfield accident in Midland. The incident alone is more than you should have to experience. That’s why our team at Carabin Shaw stands ready to assist you every step of the way, making sure you and your family get the attention and care you need to move forward. We offer free consultations, during which we’ll listen to you and answer any questions you may have.
Our lawyers know how to secure the best compensation for you. Call us in Midland at 432-620-0544 or toll-free at 1-800-862-1260.