Dallas Third Party Construction Site Accidents
Have you been injured in a Dallas road construction accident? You have probably already considered legal action. Your injuries may have you facing down a pile of hospital bills, and a temporary inability to work might leave you without enough wages to cover them. A settlement can help you see compensation for these costs, as well as any potential chronic pain or loss of enjoyment in life as a result of your injuries.
However, if you have never pursued an injury claim before, the process can seem discouragingly difficult. You will have to provide evidence and argue your case, and you may be facing experienced lawyers and insurers who will exploit every loophole to avoid paying you what you deserve. If you want to succeed, you will need your own professional legal assistance.
The Dallas attorneys at Carabin Shaw are here to help. Our legal team has years of combined experience assisting clients in pursuing construction site injury claims. To speak to one of our lawyers, schedule a free, no-obligation initial consultation and case review at 800-862-1260. Our English- and Spanish-speaking telephone staff are standing by 24/7 to take your calls.How Common Are Work Zone Accidents in Dallas?
The Dallas-Fort Worth metro area is one of the fastest-growing urban centers in the country. The metroplex spends over $30 billion annually on construction, and work sites and construction vehicles are a common sight for DFW-area residents.
Despite the economic growth created by this rapid development, it makes the city a more dangerous place. In 2020, Texas saw over 100 workplace deaths among construction workers. Nationwide, a majority of construction contractors saw accidents occur on their worksites, and 41% of those contractors were responsible for at least one bystander injury.
These numbers show that, when operated without proper training and careful adherence to safety measures, construction vehicles provide a serious risk to both workers and bystanders.
Some causes of Dallas third party construction site accidents include:
- Operating construction vehicles under the influence
- Driving vehicles at unsafe speeds
- Failing to provide adequate signage for work zones
- Allowing inexperienced workers to operate dangerous machinery
- Regularly forcing workers to work extended/unusual shifts, leading to exhaustion
- Failing to address and put a stop to unsafe work zone behavior
If you were injured as a bystander in a construction accident, you may have grounds for a legal settlement. Look for a personal injury attorney in Dallas Tx who specializes in third party work zone accident claims to help you pursue damages.What Kind of Settlement Can I Receive?
If your claim is successful, the construction company responsible for your injuries will likely want to pay you a settlement to avoid a court case. This settlement will be calculated based on a few factors.
- Economic damages compensate a claimant for expenses incurred as a direct result of their injuries. In your case, these could include medical expenses, the cost of physical therapy, and, if your injuries reduced your ability to earn, lost wages.
- Noneconomic damages aim to account for the ways that an injury affects a victim’s quality of life outside of their finances. For example, if your injuries have left you with chronic pain, or if they have made it more difficult for you to participate in physical activities that you used to enjoy, your attorney might encourage you to claim pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment in life as non-economic damages.
- Punitive damages, or non-compensatory damages, are intended to punish a defendant for egregious lapses in safety. If the worker who caused your accident did so intentionally, or if they were under the influence, your attorney might argue for punitive damages.
If you are ready to start seriously considering a personal injury claim, schedule your free consultation with one of our attorneys at 800-862-1260. Look into Carabin Shaw’s client reviews for insight on what it’s like to work with our legal team