Fighting for Central Texas Victims of Swimming Pool Accidents
Swimming with loved ones is a wonderful way to spend a warm afternoon. Unfortunately, if a pool owner does not maintain safe conditions, a fun day could quickly turn into a stressful one. Swimming pool accidents can affect anybody, but children are especially at risk. No matter what your age, the lawyers at Carabin Shaw want to fight for your accident case. We have a team of dedicated San Antonio personal injury attorneys that are committed to ensuring that you are given your due compensation and hold all the guilty parties responsible. If you or a loved one live in the San Antonio area and have been injured in a swimming pool accident, call us at your earliest convenience.Common Swimming Pool Accident Injuries
There are a variety of swimming pool injuries that can be caused by a dozen different reasons. Swimming pool injuries are not only caused by a lack of supervision, but also by faulty equipment and unmaintained pool areas. These negligent causes can result in:
- Broken bones caused by slippery surfaces surrounding the pool.
- Concussions and spinal injuries as a result of unexpected pool depth or lack of cautionary signage.
- Limb entrapment caused by an uncovered or faulty pool drain.
- Near drowning accidents that are typically caused by a lack of lifeguards or staff.
Some of these injuries can be life altering, resulting in paralyzation or permanent brain damage. If you or a loved one has suffered from any of these injuries, talk to one of our San Antonio personal injury attorneys who have years of experience in swimming pool law. Our attorneys prioritize fighting for Central Texas victims of swimming pool accidents.What To Do After A Swimming Pool Accident
You might have a lot of questions after an accident. You may be wondering how you should take action and who should be held accountable. Before meeting with a swimming pool accident attorney, it is important to take the following steps after an accident:
- Take pictures of the scene - This includes the inside and outside of the pool, warning signs, contributing pool equipment, and fences and gates.
- Witness information - Gather all the names, addresses, and phone numbers of any eyewitnesses.
- Preserve evidence - If there was a piece of faulty equipment that contributed to your accident, it is important to keep it in a safe place. If the property owner owns the piece of equipment, you can talk to your accident lawyer in San Antonio about filing a preliminary injunction to prevent the destruction of evidence.
Each swimming pool accident case can vary greatly depending on the nature of the accident. There are many factors to consider: whether the pool was public or private, if the pool owner followed all of Texas pool regulations, and whether or not negligence occurred. It is important to talk to an attorney to clear up any questions and confusion you may have.Who Should I Hold Accountable?
Pool owners have a responsibility to ensure their pool is safe. According to the Virginia Graeme Act passed in 2007, public pools must follow certain regulations such as proper pool fencing and anti-entrapment devices. Texas law also requires pool owners to have an alarm installed and out of reach of children.
If you believe a pool owner’s negligence contributed to your accident, talk to a San Antonio personal injury attorney to go over the details of your accident. If negligence was involved, our attorneys will fight for your right to financial compensation.
If a pool product malfunctioned, the product manufacturer may be at fault. They can be held liable with the help of one of our swimming pool accident attorneys.Do You Need an Accident Lawyer in San Antonio? Call Carabin Shaw Today
Our lawyers have the experience and dedication you need on your side. We are dedicated to fighting for Central Texas victims of swimming pool accidents. If you live in San Antonio, call us for a no cost, no obligation initial consultation at 210-222-2288.