San Antonio Swimming Pool Accidents
Swimming pool accidents in San Antonio can happen in the blink of an eye. Knowing what to do after they happen is critical to the success of your swimming pool accident claim. If you or a loved one were injured or killed in a swimming pool accident, you deserve justice. At Carabin Shaw, we believe in the power of listening to our clients. Understanding your story and your needs is the secret weapon of our San Antonio swimming pool accident lawyers.What to Do After a Swimming Pool Accident
The actions you take after a swimming pool accident will be important for you and your accident lawyer in San Antonio to build a successful case:
- Seek medical attention - The safety and well-being of the victim is the top priority. If their injuries are serious, an ambulance may need to be called. Getting examined by a medical professional is an essential component of your case for two reasons. First, the sooner you are examined, the more directly your injuries can be tied to the accident. If you wait too long to be checked, the defendant and their personal injury lawyer in San Antonio can argue that there isn’t clear evidence that your injuries were a result of the accident. Second, a doctor’s visit documents your injuries in your medical record, which your attorney will use to prove your damages. To learn more about the advantages of seeking medical attention, talk to a lawyer.
- Take pictures - Pictures are worth a thousand words. Photographic evidence of the accident scene will be an important asset that your accident lawyer in San Antonio can use to make your case. The more pictures you have, the better. Take photos of the pool from various angles, including where the accident took place. Be sure to photograph pool equipment, anything that is potentially hazardous, the area surrounding the pool, warning signs, etc. Anything that you think might help the case, snap a photo. If you have questions, speak with an attorney.
- Talk to witnesses - Witness testimonials can bolster your case. Talk to people at the accident scene and write down their version of the story. Be sure to get their contact information: full name, phone number, address, and email. Your lawyer can use this information later to interview them and ask specific questions to help your case. Many cases end in settlement, but if your case goes to court, witness testimonies and their accounts of the accident can make or break a case.
- Document evidence - Preserve any evidence that may pertain to your case, especially if a defective product was involved. If an item is the pool owner’s property, talk to your personal injury lawyer in San Antonio about filing a preliminary injunction to keep that evidence safe.
- Write down your account of the accident - As time passes, you may forget details, which is why it’s important to write down your own version of what happened as soon as you can. This documentation will preserve your memory of the incident and will give your accident lawyer in San Antonio a clearer picture of what happened. Be sure to keep this evidence along with all other evidence you’ve collected in a safe place for when you need to hand it over to your legal counsel.
When it comes to a swimming pool accident claim, it’s best not to pursue it alone. Having someone on your side who has years of experience working cases like yours is essential to getting the full amount of damages you are owed. Our staff in San Antonio at Carabin Shaw knows swimming pool cases and how to win them. If you or a loved one was injured in a swimming pool accident, you need San Antonio swimming pool accident lawyers on your side. Call us today for a free consultation at 210-222-2288.