Financial Compensation for Work Injuries in Midland Oilfields
An overwhelming share of the economy in Midland links to the oil and gas industries. However, even with appropriate safety measures in place, Midland oilfield accidents happen more often than they should. The fact is, drilling sites present many risks for workers, and careless or negligent actions can magnify these hazards. Some of the most common oilfield injuries include:
- Neck and back injury
- Spinal trauma
- Head injury
After an oilfield accident, there are many areas of potential financial compensation for work injuries in Midland oilfields available to those who have sustained injury or damages. Some of the most common of these types of financial compensation for work injuries in Midland oilfield accidents include:
- Lost wages: After an accident, rehabilitation from your injuries might render you unable to return to work right away, which can come at the expense of your family’s financial security and affect all areas of your life.
- Job loss: Job loss can mean more than unfair or wrongful termination. Reputational harm after an accident hinders your work capabilities can affect your professional reputation and your ability to get work in the future. If it is difficult to get your job and wages back, your damages soon become even more expensive.
- Pain and suffering: The law considers pain and suffering non-economic damages. They are not easy to calculate or price. These damages include emotional harm, loss of enjoyment of life, and other loss of quality of life.
- Recovery expenses: Hospital bills, medical bills, and medications are legitimate recovery expenses. Your best chance to receive full compensation is to remain diligent during your rehabilitation and save all your receipts and proof of treatment and damages. Keep up-to-date records to make your lawyer’s job easier later on.
- Disfigurement and physical harm: This category includes the types of physical injuries listed above, permanent disabilities and loss of motor functions, loss of limb, disfigurement, and any treatment expenses for physical damages that have limited your ability to function. It is also imperative that you continue to gather proof of your treatment costs (medical bills, hospital bills, medication costs, etc.) during this stage of the settlement process.
An essential reason to enlist the services of a lawyer after a Midland oilfield accident is the determination of liability. Filing a successful oilfield injury claim can be an arduous legal process, especially if you have never dealt with these circumstances before. Chances are, it will be your word against other parties, like your employer and the insurance companies.Contact Carabin Shaw Today
There is a two-year statute of limitations on workplace injury claims in Texas. If you suffered an oilfield accident in Midland, don’t wait until it is too late. Financial compensation for work injuries in Midland oilfields is possible with the help of legal representation. A Texas oilfield accident attorney with Carabin Shaw can help you regain your life and recover as quickly as possible.
At Carabin Shaw, we believe that nobody should be forced to cope with a work injury in Midland without the guidance of an attorney who understands your situation. We will sit down with you for a free consultation, during which we will listen to you, answer your questions, and place you on a path toward maximum compensation for your damages. We work on a contingency fee basis, so we will not charge you unless we win your case.
Contact our Midland accident lawyers today. We offer around the clock access to our team of Midland oilfield injury attorneys at our toll-free number, 1-800-862-1260. You can also reach us at our Midland office of the attorney at 432-620-0544.